Author Topic: ATLANTA WOMAN GIVEN $156 Million FEMA Contract Failed To Deliver Meals To Puerto Rico…Now She’s Sui  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

ATLANTA WOMAN GIVEN $156 Million FEMA Contract Failed To Deliver Meals To Puerto Rico…Now She’s Suing FEMA
Feb 11, 2018

While government incompetence is nothing new, suing the incompetent government you screwed out of $156 million is.

The Root is reporting that Tifanny Brown, an Atlanta woman whose one-person company was contracted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to provide millions of meals to Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, only delivered a fraction of that, says FEMA’s to blame.

https://100percentfedup.com/atlanta-woman-given-156-million-fema-contract-failed-deliver-meals-puerto-riconow-shes-suing-fema/

Offline dfwgator

Offline Concerned

The subtitle to Trump's just released 2019 Budget reads:   "EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE, ACCOUNTABLE", well, this FEMA nonsense would be a pretty good place to start.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

"I don't know what happened. I have two racks in my oven so I was doubling my production."

Offline Suppressed

FEMA says that the company was vetted, yet a Congressional inquiry led by House Democrats on the House Oversight committee revealed that Tribute had five previous government contracts terminated for “not delivering required food” and “inability to ship products.”

If this had happened under Obama, and was discovered by House Republicans rather than Democrats, people would be screaming bloody murder. 

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

If this had happened under Obama, and was discovered by House Republicans rather than Democrats, people would be screaming bloody murder.

Why? Obama cleaned up FEMA after Bush. This woman had multiple contracts with FEMA under the Obama Regime. She was a proven winner with them.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
She most likely got the contracts because she's black and is likely registered as an 8a minority owned business.

They probably called her up and gave her the contract.   Any sane person wouldn't even try to deliver at this volume without a significant plan.

I've had friends at big prime govt contracts tell me they pretty much don't expect these 8a companies to deliver.  They consider it a tax because they have to have a certain % of their contracts done by 8a companies.

Of course some 8a companies are good but they are also the exception.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.