Author Topic: Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax  (Read 680 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:23:00 pm »
Tax And Spend

President Donald Trump is calling for a 25-cent hike to the federal gas tax in order to pay for the White House infrastructure plan, according to multiple reports....

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/trump-reportedly-endorses-25-cent-hike-in-gas-tax.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:29:28 pm »
Well &^*^@#$@#$R!!

No, I do not want to give the feds an additional 25 cents a gallon every time I fill up. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:52 pm »
Well &^*^@#$@#$R!!

No, I do not want to give the feds an additional 25 cents a gallon every time I fill up.

I may splurge on one of the new Polestar One EVs when they come out next year if FedGov keeps pulling this crap.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:00:45 pm »

As with most hyperventilating headlines regarding Trump, this is most likely a) fake news, b) exaggeration, c) a bargaining position as part of opening negotiations.

I think I’ll wait a bit for conformation before becoming outraged.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:59:30 pm »
As with most hyperventilating headlines regarding Trump, this is most likely a) fake news, b) exaggeration, c) a bargaining position as part of opening negotiations.

And even if Trump signs a federal gas tax increase, the Trump Faithful will lecture us plebes why taxing and spending is the imminently Conservative position to take.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »

I think I’ll wait a bit for confirmation before becoming outraged.

Why @aligncare ... isn't it more fun to whittle away a boring afternoon spewing first and confirming later??   888blackhat

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:09 pm »
The "conservative" source for funds to build/rebuild vehicle highways, is the users thereof.

Gasoline and electric vehicle taxes would be one method of funding.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:18 pm »
So, this is one of those "possibly could be but probably not so let's wait and see but we can't possibly know the three-dimensional chess moves that are happening" things?  There are so many.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 10:28:23 pm »
if one veiws the gas tax hike in light of the development. quoted below... there should be less confusion and or disbelief  as to reports authenticitiy! it follows very closely to the POTUS's  MODUS OPERANDI.

"The White House unveiled Trump’s long-awaited infrastructure overhaul on Monday, a $1.5 trillion package that would include a $200 billion contribution from the federal government."

a 1.5 TRILLION dollar price tag.....of which the majority of said funds would be budget breaking l"BURDENS" for State.....and local Governments

Offline Concerned

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 10:29:01 pm »
And even if Trump signs a federal gas tax increase, the Trump Faithful will lecture us plebes why taxing and spending is the imminently Conservative position to take.

@INVAR

You’re absolutely right, of course.  We’re going to have to borrow almost $1T this year, and the Trump Administration just submitted a budget that their deficit-hawk OMB Director said he probably wouldn’t have approved if he were still in Congress.  Yet, somehow, there are those who still lecture about how “conservative” this President is.  Well, not fiscally, he’s not (and fiscal conservatism is my priority).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:49:41 pm »
in the eyes..of the devoted trump fan...he can do NO wrong.  not FOLLOWING the Donnys whims  appears intolerable to those so heavily invested in his CARING...about them...as he claims to.

The President could talk His DEVOTEES ints donating blood WEEKLY...and they would COMPLY. most have no choice...the POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS make it nigh impossible to STRAY from the Trump Path

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:05:38 pm »
in the eyes..of the devoted trump fan...he can do NO wrong.  not FOLLOWING the Donnys whims  appears intolerable to those so heavily invested in his CARING...about them...as he claims to.

The President could talk His DEVOTEES ints donating blood WEEKLY...and they would COMPLY. most have no choice...the POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS make it nigh impossible to STRAY from the Trump Path

Nailed it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:44 pm »
 "....and the "people" believed..."  many of them anyway

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 11:49:01 pm »

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:49:30 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 12:04:50 am »
As with most hyperventilating headlines regarding Trump, this is most likely ....a bargaining position as part of opening negotiations.

That's funny right there.

The Divine Dealmaker, STARTING with a bid to raise the federal gas tax 25¢ a gallon, in order to negotiate with Democrats to get it to what - 50¢ a gallon??  A per mile tax on top of the gas tax?

Or force everyone to buy an electric car by making gasoline illegal?

You know, like what the morons in the Democrat Party want.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:48 am »
Who remembers Taxed Enough Already?  That used to be the slogan for something... I just can't quite remember what.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 12:11:36 am »

Well, here is a time for Trump to speak up -- come right out in a news conference or use his Twitter fingers -- and say, yes, we need this gas tax increase, or no, I won't go along with it.  When he wants to bitch about someone or something, we can't shut him up.  On something like this -- an important issue -- he's silent. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 12:13:18 am »
The "conservative" source for funds to build/rebuild vehicle highways, is the users thereof.

Gasoline and electric vehicle taxes would be one method of funding.

The problem is that the Electric vehicles are pay jack.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 12:14:05 am »
donny....his budgets and his proposed taxes.... are a very poor joke

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 12:52:13 am »
donny....his budgets and his proposed taxes.... are a very poor joke

Did they forget to close the back door at the daycare center again? Did you ask a grown up for help crossing the street?