Author Topic: Liberal Groups Mobilize Against Trump’s First 9th Circuit Nominee  (Read 554 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Liberal Groups Mobilize Against Trump’s First 9th Circuit Nominee
Daily Caller, Feb 11, 2018, Kevin Daley

Liberal advocacy groups have mobilized in opposition to Ryan Bounds, President Donald Trump’s first nominee to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

Though criticisms of his professional record are slim thus far, progressive interest groups claim his undergraduate writings are highly inflammatory, such that his temperament might be questioned.

The Alliance for Justice (AFJ), a progressive advocacy organization, reviewed dozens of pieces Bounds wrote as a college student for a conservative weekly called the Stanford Review, that are intensely critical of student activist clubs and campus multiculturalism policies. Taken together, the Alliance says his writings betray an intolerant worldview.

“Race-focused groups foster race-think, and the only way to rid our multicultural community of race-think is to rid it of these invidious factions,” he wrote in one opinion piece, referring to such campus groups as the black student union.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/11/liberal-groups-mobilize-against-trump-nominee/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Liberal Groups Mobilize Against Trump’s First 9th Circuit Nominee
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:16:02 pm »
lol.  Best of luck to them..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:21:46 pm »
I bet the GOP can find 51 votes.  Complaint noted and ignored.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:48:20 pm »
The Alliance for Justice (AFJ), a progressive advocacy organization, reviewed dozens of pieces Bounds wrote as a college student for a conservative weekly called the Stanford Review, that are intensely critical of student activist clubs and campus multiculturalism policies. Taken together, the Alliance says his writings betray an intolerant worldview.

Now, this is funny. Imagine if they were this concerned about Obama’s college records.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:37:47 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 11:52:11 pm »
Pretense.  As if the lefties needed one to get get unified Dem opposition.  A couple of the usual GOP Senator suspects can be counted upon to be peeled away, and McCain is in AZ, hiding from the flu, so there's that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:54:08 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 01:04:56 am »

“Race-focused groups foster race-think, and the only way to rid our multicultural community of race-think is to rid it of these invidious factions,” he wrote in one opinion piece, referring to such campus groups as the black student union

I like the way this guy thinks.

It want to watch in the 9th circuit gallery if this guy gets in.  Will.be great.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington