Author Topic: Israel: Iranian Drone We Shot Down Was Based On Captured US Drone  (Read 295 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
(CNN)The Israeli military said an Iranian drone it shot down over the weekend was based on an American stealth drone that was intercepted by Iran six years ago.

Israeli Army spokesman Lt. Col Jonathan Conricus told CNN that the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) or drone, had been dispatched on a specific mission inside Israel.

The Israeli military had tracked the drone from its launch inside Syria, entering Israeli air space at 4.50 a.m. local time Saturday. The drone was shot down by an Apache attack helicopter and its remains fell north of the Israeli town of Beit She'an.

The claims regarding the downed drone were "too ridiculous to be addressed," said Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/middleeast/israel-iran-drone-intl/index.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:41:36 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Israel: Iranian Drone We Shot Down Was Based On Captured US Drone
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 04:42:56 pm »
I posted this in National News as opposed to World News, due to the connection to this, from 2011, about the captured RQ-170.

"We asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama told reporters in December 2011.

Iranian Gen. Hossein Salami, then-deputy commander of Iran's military, said the drone was going nowhere.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:46:21 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Israel: Iranian Drone We Shot Down Was Based On Captured US Drone
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:45:19 pm »
Obama - The Gift That Just Keeps Giving