Author Topic: The Tea Party Is Officially Dead. It Was Killed By Partisan Politics.  (Read 1351 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: The Tea Party Is Officially Dead. It Was Killed By Partisan Politics.
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 12:59:15 am »
Sorry but I'm just going to have to completely disagree with you.

Then perhaps you need to do some research on just how unstable the economy was under the Gold Standard or what it would do the world economy is we made such a foolish move.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 01:02:08 am »

Tying the dollar to an arbitrary quantity of shiny metal binds policy makers’ hands, robbing them of their discretion to act:...

Precisely correct!  I'm damned sick and tired of allowing policy makers the ability to manipulate and control me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 01:03:43 am »

Precisely correct!  I'm damned sick and tired of allowing policy makers the ability to manipulate and control me!

Got it.  You want to crash the economy just so you can feel morally superior and to hell with what it would do to the rest of the world.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 01:04:59 am »
Got it.  You want to crash the economy just so you can feel morally superior and to hell with what it would do to the rest of the world.

Nope!  And all the inflammatory bs you can come up with cannot make it so.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:06:07 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 01:05:20 am »
Kibbe is probably correct in talking about restraint in federal spending as with this CROMNIBUS as he mentions.  Not doing that really would be congress' fault. Not because social conservatives joined in, some bogeyman.  Congress is broken for now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 01:06:53 am »
Nope!  And all the inflammatory bs you can come up with can make it so.

"Inflammatory BS" translated: I can't come up with a sound financial reason that refutes the facts you've posted so I'm just gonna starts name calling.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 01:07:46 am »
Under a gold standard, inflation, growth and the financial system are all less stable. There are more recessions, larger swings in consumer prices and more banking crises. When things go wrong in one part of the world, the distress will be transmitted more quickly and completely to others. In short, re-creating a gold standard would be a colossal mistake.

https://www.moneyandbanking.com/commentary/2016/12/14/why-a-gold-standard-is-a-very-bad-idea

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 01:09:57 am »
"Inflammatory BS" translated: I can't come up with a sound financial reason that refutes the facts you've posted so I'm just gonna starts name calling.

*****rollingeyes*****

Educate youself before you further make a fool of yourself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2012/05/10/returning-to-a-gold-standard-system-why-and-how/#23fe07d4606c
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:11:40 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 01:12:56 am »
Educate youself before you further make a foolof yourself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2012/05/10/returning-to-a-gold-standard-system-why-and-how/#23fe07d4606c

I have educated myself.  I've been dealing with this kind of foolishness since the last time Dr. Nutx (Ron Paul) tried to run for President.

Forbes also has a piece talking about why the Gold Standard is a bad idea.

Your point?

You listed an opinion piece the article I'm referencing had statistical and historical data to show why it's a bad idea.

It's a bad idea.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 01:18:59 am »
I'm not asking for a return to the Gold Standard.  All I want is for government to stop spending money it doesn't have.  Because the ONLY thing prompting the Fed to print up $1 trillion in new money every year is to finance government.

First, reduce spending to 19% of GDP, and then we can talk about the gold standard.  And keep in mind that we haven't had a balanced budget since 1957.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 01:25:09 am »
I'm not asking for a return to the Gold Standard.  All I want is for government to stop spending money it doesn't have.  Because the ONLY thing prompting the Fed to print up $1 trillion in new money every year is to finance government.

First, reduce spending to 19% of GDP, and then we can talk about the gold standard.  And keep in mind that we haven't had a balanced budget since 1957.

Works for me.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 01:34:01 am »
I have educated myself.  I've been dealing with this kind of foolishness since the last time Dr. Nutx (Ron Paul) tried to run for President.

Forbes also has a piece talking about why the Gold Standard is a bad idea.

Your point?

You listed an opinion piece the article I'm referencing had statistical and historical data to show why it's a bad idea.

It's a bad idea.

Continue with your practice of gagging at knats while swallowing camels whole my friend.  You and several others here are really good at that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:56 am »
Fiat money only lasts as long as peoples and nations have confidence in the instrument's ability to make-good on payment on demand for the investment in using it as a form of exchange.

Gold and silver were the globe's standard of exchange for most of mankind's written history.

A fiat currency that ends up monetized by debt - is a currency that will collapse and take everyone holding it and using it, into oblivion into which no one escapes unharmed.

You can choose to ignore that law of economics in favor of the current debt-to-monetized fiat currency system we now operate under, but eventually - the laws are reasserted and the penally for breaking them usually breaks civilizations.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 03:14:17 am »
Fiat money only lasts as long as peoples and nations have confidence in the instrument's ability to make-good on payment on demand for the investment in using it as a form of exchange.

Gold and silver were the globe's standard of exchange for most of mankind's written history.

A fiat currency that ends up monetized by debt - is a currency that will collapse and take everyone holding it and using it, into oblivion into which no one escapes unharmed.

You can choose to ignore that law of economics in favor of the current debt-to-monetized fiat currency system we now operate under, but eventually - the laws are reasserted and the penally for breaking them usually breaks civilizations.

That's right. Not long ago, that was common knowledge.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 03:20:44 am »
It's not social conservatives fault if stay-at-home pot smoking libertarians can never muster more than 4% of the vote in national elections. Try your bitter slander elsewhere.

Might want to stay on topic.  A large part of the TEA Party protests were libertarians.  When they were shooed away with religious requirements for membership of groups, the membership plummeted.  That's all factual and well documented, regardless of how many votes Libertarian Party candidates get.  I know MANY libertarians who don't often vote Libertarian.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 03:36:12 am »
When they were shooed away with religious requirements for membership of groups, the membership plummeted.

Complete unadulterated BS.  Membership plummeted because the very politicians they helped get elected sold them out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 05:08:29 am »

Complete unadulterated BS.  Membership plummeted because the very politicians they helped get elected sold them out.

And worked to 'Crush it' from the very beginning.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 12:33:38 pm »
Might want to stay on topic.  A large part of the TEA Party protests were libertarians.  When they were shooed away with religious requirements for membership of groups, the membership plummeted.  That's all factual and well documented, regardless of how many votes Libertarian Party candidates get.  I know MANY libertarians who don't often vote Libertarian.

There is no religious test to be in the TEA Party.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 04:56:14 pm »
I know MANY libertarians who don't often vote Libertarian.
@Suppressed
Speaking as one such libertarian, I was a registered Libertarian once upon a time . . . until the late Harry Browne turned out to be trying to maneuver the national party to bag their presidential nomination a second time with tactics that might have made even a Chicago machine politician blush. The fact that what he was doing violated formal LP rules against allocating party resources and monies to a candidate before they received the formal party nomination actually seemed not to bother a lot of the LP leadership at the time, to the point where they actually barred Liberty, the libertarian journal, from LP functions while the magazine investigated those doings and undoings.

I changed my registration to independent right then and there. (I had no wish to return to a Republican Party that, at the time, was abetting the GWB/Republican Congress drunken-sailor binges and such floutings of the Constitution as too much of the Patriot Act, McCain-Feingold, and others.) As an economic thinker Harry Browne was gifted; as a politician, he turned out to be just another machinist, God rest his soul.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:57:45 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2018, 05:23:00 pm »
@Suppressed
Speaking as one such libertarian, I was a registered Libertarian once upon a time . . . until the late Harry Browne turned out to be trying to maneuver the national party to bag their presidential nomination a second time with tactics that might have made even a Chicago machine politician blush. The fact that what he was doing violated formal LP rules against allocating party resources and monies to a candidate before they received the formal party nomination actually seemed not to bother a lot of the LP leadership at the time, to the point where they actually barred Liberty, the libertarian journal, from LP functions while the magazine investigated those doings and undoings.

I changed my registration to independent right then and there. (I had no wish to return to a Republican Party that, at the time, was abetting the GWB/Republican Congress drunken-sailor binges and such floutings of the Constitution as too much of the Patriot Act, McCain-Feingold, and others.) As an economic thinker Harry Browne was gifted; as a politician, he turned out to be just another machinist, God rest his soul.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn