Author Topic: PC RUN AMOK: 'Peter Rabbit' Creators Apologize For Depicting Villain's Blackberry Allergy  (Read 275 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Ben Shapiro
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27023/pc-run-amok-peter-rabbit-creators-apologize-ben-shapiro

On Monday, Hollywood demonstrated just how much politically-correct culture has infused every aspect of its business model. Sony Pictures issued a statement with the makers of the new movie Peter Rabbit, apologizing for . . . including a joke about Farmer MacGregor having a blackberry allergy.

Yes, really.

The statement explained that “food allergies are a serious issue” and that the movie “should not have made light [of the issue] … even in a cartoonish, slapstick way.” What exactly was the offending passage of the film? The rabbits, in an attempt to escape Farmer MacGregor, throw blackberries at him until he has an allergic reaction. Kids with Food Allergies, an interest group, said that the scene “encourages the public not to take the risk of allergic reactions seriously.” An asthma awareness group called the scene “bullying" . . .
--------------------------------------------------------------
File under "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" . . . ---EA.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline dfwgator

Most of the Bugs Bunny cartoons couldn't get made today.

Offline EasyAce

@dfwgator
I can see it now---Warner Bros. would be clobbered over abusing the mentally incompetent, with all those times ol' Bugs three-upped Elmer Fudd. Then they'd be questioned over the usual chazerei like judicious overuse of dynamite, blasting caps, TNT, etc. . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I grew up watching those. You can't find them on TV anymore.  **nononono*

But I do remember my niece finding them on YouTube, the classic Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons and her kids loved them but somehow didn't come away thinking that blowing up Elmer Fudd or Wile E Coyote was something they should emulate on their friends or their sisters.  :whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline EasyAce

But I do remember my niece finding them on YouTube, the classic Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons and her kids loved them but somehow didn't come away thinking that blowing up Elmer Fudd or Wile E Coyote was something they should emulate on their friends or their sisters.  :whistle:
@Neverdul
Subvert the bastards---buy the DVD sets. (I have seven of them. Boatloads of Bugs, the Road Runner, Sylvester and Tweety, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, and a host of vintage Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts that were funny as hell without the major characters---stuff like "Rocket-Bye Baby," "I Love to Singa," "Busy Bakers," "The Bears' Tale," "Hollywood Steps Out," "The Three Little Bops," and others . . . )

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Speedy Gonzales had been censored
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline dfwgator

I made sure my kids got a heavy dose of Tom and Jerry.