Author Topic: Journalists push back after Trump tweets lives being destroyed by 'mere allegation'  (Read 2580 times)

Oceander

Got 'Journalists' by the city dump full.

What's lacking are 'Reporters'.

No, no journalists.  Political agit-prop is not journalism. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Got 'Journalists' by the city dump full.

What's lacking are 'Reporters'.

The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at 5 and ten. She can read the news. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at 5 and ten. She can read the news.

There will be a gleam in her eye......

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-media-plane-71-aboard-crashes-near-moscow-124531021--finance.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

There will be a gleam in her eye......

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-media-plane-71-aboard-crashes-near-moscow-124531021--finance.html
Thanks for the link "It's interesting when people die"

There is a link in there to the Skater with the Olympic nip slip.  Smokin hot! 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
No, no journalists.  Political agit-prop is not journalism.

Journalism is keeping and publishing a 'Journal'.

It is a few facts presented Through the Journalist's preconceived viewpoint.

Reporting is a Joe Friday "Just The Facts" M'am.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:46:39 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I meant no disrespect for ANY Briefers @Emjay, "Ignorant NT'ers" is quite the Slur, my Love but the few of us left here are quite hardened and rarely insulted by it all.  It comes with the territory ~ highly opinionated and passionate Adults in a Political Forum.

PS:  I'll step out back with you anytime, can I recommend Cyber's back porch in the Lounge, so I can smoke, anything?

@corbe   I'm just ticked at you because you defend people who are attacking me.  But all things aside, I'll see you on the porch and I love smokers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

Journalism is keeping and publishing a 'Journal'.

It is a few facts presented Through the Journalist's preconceived viewpoint.

Reporting is a Joe Friday "Just The Facts" M'am.

Baloney.

Online corbe

@Emjay I went back and read what I posted last night and I have come to the conclusion that you are presenting facts that are not in evidence.  I meant no disrespect to anyone and clearly stated that, it was more a poke at @edpc who I knew would understand my silly attempt at humour and he did.  It was not in my heart to make the joke at your expense.   There is another Briefer here that I believe misunderstands me at times and questions  my motives here. I only want to converse with the intelligent people Myst has assembled here and above all~HAVE FUN and you My Dear are very much a part of that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   @Emjay I went back and read what I posted last night and I have come to the conclusion that you are presenting facts that are not in evidence.  I meant no disrespect to anyone and clearly stated that, it was more a poke at @edpc who I knew would understand my silly attempt at humour and he did.  It was not in my heart to make the joke at your expense.   There is another Briefer here that I believe misunderstands me at times and questions  my motives here. I only want to converse with the intelligent people Myst has assembled here and above all~HAVE FUN and you My Dear are very much a part of that.

Okay, okay, stop groveling.  You're still my good buddy.

Online corbe

Thank You @Emjay Though I am more often than not sarcastic I was being sincere in my response to you.  I really do enjoy your insightful company here as I do all the Women here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

Thank You @Emjay Though I am more often than not sarcastic I was being sincere in my response to you.  I really do enjoy your insightful company here as I do all the Women here.

Get off your knees corbe.  Groveling is unbecoming.... even for you. :cool:

Online corbe

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Thanks and I love you too.  But you can't be friends with everyone.  I understand your defense of the almost never Trumpers ... where would we be without them.

As long as their dissenting opinions contain at least a residue of facts or honest opinions, I like to hear what they say.

But some of them cannot stand to be corrected or criticized and turn to personal attacks.  That is unacceptable.

Our friend, Ed, is one of those.  He got a hate on for @anubias and started trailing her around to insult her.  When she made a post describing all the sports injuries she had gotten in her life, he chose to make a sly little reference to whether she was the fat girl or the slut in the girls baseball team movie.  That is unacceptable.  On another thread that I hadn't even posted on, he said to her something about the old crone from the Pacific coming in to join her.  Unless he knows another old crone who lives on a Pacific Island or unless I'm being paranoid, I think he might have meant me.

I am not an old crone and I don't like being called one.  Silly me.  And, yeah, I called him a nasty little pissant but that's what happens when personal insults start being flung around.

I don't mind your defending him, or anybody else, because they don't like Trump or because they disagree with something he has said or done, but to immediately retaliate with personal insults is childish and hateful.

Be a little more discerning about the people you choose to defend.  'sall I'm saying.

Offline edpc

On another thread that I hadn't even posted on, he said to her something about the old crone from the Pacific coming in to join her.  Unless he knows another old crone who lives on a Pacific Island or unless I'm being paranoid, I think he might have meant me.

Actually, I said 'desiccated turd in the Pacific.'  At least get the facts straight.

Offline anubias

On another thread that I hadn't even posted on, he said to her something about the old crone from the Pacific coming in to join her.  Unless he knows another old crone who lives on a Pacific Island or unless I'm being paranoid, I think he might have meant me.

Actually, I said 'desiccated turd in the Pacific.'  At least get the facts straight.

You constantly give away your age, or lack thereof, with your silly “old people” jibes.  You would have to be quite the youngster to consider middle-aged, much less the elderly, as worthless people simply due to one’s age.  I doubt there is an age requirement to post on this board, but if there was, I suspect you would not qualify. 

I do wish you would go back to DU from where you came, but I assume it is much more fun for you to troll this board making it your playpen.

Offline edpc

You constantly give away your age, or lack thereof, with your silly “old people” jibes.  You would have to be quite the youngster to consider middle-aged, much less the elderly, as worthless people simply due to one’s age.  I doubt there is an age requirement to post on this board, but if there was, I suspect you would not qualify. 

I do wish you would go back to DU from where you came, but I assume it is much more fun for you to troll this board making it your playpen.

I figured I’d be hearing from the Queen Of Tragicomedy today.  It never ceases to amaze me how those so enamored with a ‘fighter’ president who uses ridicule all the time, get disgusted by that tactic when it’s turned on them.  Stratospheric hypocrisy.  Try reading The Japanese Quince sometime.  With all your purported wisdom, I’m sure you’ll come to realize the message and understand your problem isn’t really with me.

Offline anubias

When did McGuffey’s have such material?  Babysitter google that for you?

You *hoped* that you would hear from me.  With all the following of my posts that you do, I feel rather flattered, but would like to avoid being arrested for pedophilia for conversing with you.  Sorry, honey.  Get back to your McGuffey’s like a good, little boy.

Offline edpc

When did McGuffey’s have such material?  Babysitter google that for you?

You *hoped* that you would hear from me.  With all the following of my posts that you do, I feel rather flattered, but would like to avoid being arrested for pedophilia for conversing with you.  Sorry, honey.  Get back to your McGuffey’s like a good, little boy.

Your ninja skills have clearly deteriorated.  This all started yesterday with you coming at me with an ‘as usual’ remark to a comment you clearly didn’t understand, but had to make a snide response, just because I was the one who said it.  After that, you felt it necessary to make a response to my comments in an Olympic thread, suggesting I was an authority on homosexuality in ancient Greece.  True, I did make the league of their own comments later, in a separate thread from those. However, your responses from earlier made that irresistible.

Since then, we have come across each other in different subjects, without incident. Now, you’ve made the unwise decision to re-engage.  All of this is verifiable through the posting timestamps. You, however, are completely aware of this.  So, who is stalking whom again?  People who throw rocks at hornet’s nests don’t get to complain about getting stung. If they’re going to engage in that kind of activity, they better suck up the pain and have the EpiPen ready.

I know embarrassing yourself has caused quite a bit of consternation over the weekend. No doubt, you have cracked your dentures with all the gnashing of teeth. For that, I am sorry, so let me offer some suggestions. Super glue will hold, but is too brittle for a long-term solution.  Gorilla glue is better, but the chemical properties cause it to expand.  Your best bet would be JB Weld.  It offers the dual solutions of permanent hold and accurate color matching to the teeth.

Offline MOD3

Reminder:  the topic of this thread is: Journalists push back after Trump tweets lives being destroyed by 'mere allegation'

Take the bickering elsewhere. I'm sure that it is extremely important to some of you, but I promise you it is not to the rest of us.

Offline WingNot

Reminder:  the topic of this thread is: Journalists push back after Trump tweets lives being destroyed by 'mere allegation'

Take the bickering elsewhere. I'm sure that it is extremely important to some of you, but I promise you it is not to the rest of us.

Silly goose.   You can't put a ruder on a drifting ship.

Just kill it now and go to bed with the knowledge you did the right thing.