Author Topic: BREAKING>>American Spies Paid $100,000 to Russian Who Wanted to Sell Material on Trump  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
*****rollingeyes*****

@Smokin Joe has already done so.  Thank you, SJ.  Nice to see some common sense brought back to this thread.
I just hate to see important concepts get lost in the mist of effluvia that arises from petty snark.

Bottom line is that American (our) employees were giving American (our) money to a foreign agent to develop dirt on an American (whether we liked him or not) POTUS candidate under the penumbra of official action (on OUR payroll) for the purpose of influencing an American election. ---OH! and getting back song notes that had been played (as easy as recovering 'stolen cyberwepons', and twice as effective).

The first part of that boils down to using our money to influence our election with the help of foreign operatives.

THAT is where the stinky stuff hits the air mover, and those involved are desperately trying to cover the smell with something they fully believe the American people are too stupid to comprehend (which means they will stare dumbfounded at the story until their eyes glaze over and click on something else, because it's 'too complicated'.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I just hate to see important concepts get lost in the mist of effluvia that arises from petty snark.

Bottom line is that American (our) employees were giving American (our) money to a foreign agent to develop dirt on an American (whether we liked him or not) POTUS candidate under the penumbra of official action (on OUR payroll) for the purpose of influencing an American election. ---OH! and getting back song notes that had been played (as easy as recovering 'stolen cyberwepons', and twice as effective).

The first part of that boils down to using our money to influence our election with the help of foreign operatives.

THAT is where the stinky stuff hits the air mover, and those involved are desperately trying to cover the smell with something they fully believe the American people are too stupid to comprehend (which means they will stare dumbfounded at the story until their eyes glaze over and click on something else, because it's 'too complicated'.)

The theft of the secret hacking tools had been devastating to the N.S.A., and the agency was struggling to get a full inventory of what was missing.

No - this was actually the bottom line, because they knew how dangerous this code could be.  These were developed by people who had a hand in creating things like Stuxnet.  I know there are people here only wanting to see the 'secret society' DOJ star chamber out to get Trump.  Those people will be and are being exposed.

In the meantime, there are more than a few agents who actually don't GAF about Trump and want to undo damage done by leaks, espionage, and outright bad intel plans like Operation Merlin.  To the frenzied piranha in the forum world, it's irrelevant, because it doesn't fit in the zeitgeist.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Whose $1 million was it?  :shrug:

I'm not saying the money doesn't matter @mountaineer .... I'm saying the reason is more upsetting.

Online Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:  (Emphasis added)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sorry, but I don’t wear orthopedic shoes, nor are Emjay and I anile.  You are succeeding in making me feel more mature with your childish behavior if that was your goal.

Don't worry about it @anubias.  I have defeated Ed @edpc at every turn.  His only weapon is childish personal attacks.

I am a middle-aged woman who is mentally and physically fit and I think I could take him in a fair fight.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

Don't worry about it @anubias.  I have defeated Ed @edpc at every turn.  His only weapon is childish personal attacks.

I am a middle-aged woman who is mentally and physically fit and I think I could take him in a fair fight.

Bahahaha........

I am fairly certain the only flight that you have won so far in life has been for air.

Offline corbe

CIA: Reports on feds being 'bilked' out of money trying to obtain stolen NSA documents 'patently false'

by Daniel Chaitin | Feb 10, 2018, 8:21 PM

The Central Intelligence Agency says two separate reports published Friday detailing how the U.S. intelligence community was fleeced for money last year in an effort to recover stolen National Security Agency documents are fake news.

“The people swindled here were James Risen and Matt Rosenberg," Dean Boyd, director of CIA public affairs, told the Washington Examiner on Saturday, referring to the authors of the Intercept and New York Times reports respectively. "The fictional story that CIA was bilked out of $100,000 is patently false."

The reports shared a winding narrative, worthy of a Hollywood spy movie, about how American intelligence officials opened a channel with a Russian operative who agreed to sell documents stolen from the NSA. That operative also insisted on including damaging material gathered on President Trump and did so when the first $100,000 installment of a million dollars was handed over, the Times said.

This reportedly spooked the American officials, who then cut off the deal, over concerns about the reliability of the Russian official and fears of fallout if it was reported that they were buying damning information about Trump.

As of press time, neither the Intercept nor the Times had updated their stories with comment from the CIA.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cia-reports-on-feds-being-bilked-out-of-money-trying-to-obtain-stolen-nsa-documents-patently-false/article/2648756
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

“The people swindled here were James Risen and Matt Rosenberg," Dean Boyd, director of CIA public affairs, told the Washington Examiner on Saturday, referring to the authors of the Intercept and New York Times reports respectively. "The fictional story that CIA was bilked out of $100,000 is patently false."

Uh-huh.  The government, specifically the intel world, has a real axe to grind with Risen.  They were able to prosecute one of his sources, Jeffery Sterling, for giving him information for his book State Of War.  They tried and failed to get Risen.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:46:04 am by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!