Author Topic: 'Let's Get Rid of Him': Chaffetz Says Sessions Is 'Worthless Attorney General'  (Read 745 times)

Offline libertybele

Yes he needs to go (way too late I might add), but who would Trump replace him with and would the Senate confirm the nomination? 

'Let's Get Rid of Him': Chaffetz Says Sessions Is 'Worthless Attorney General'

On "Outnumbered" on Friday, Fox News contributor and former Utah congressman Jason Chaffetz slammed Attorney General Jeff Sessions and said it's time to "get rid of him."

Some lawmakers in recent weeks have called for Sessions to resign, criticizing his Justice Department for not cooperating with Congress and for leaks related to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Sessions recused himself from the FBI's Russia probe in early March after acknowledging that he had had two previously undisclosed encounters with the Russian ambassador during Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign. He said it would be improper for him to oversee a probe into a campaign for which he was a vocal and prominent supporter.

That eventually led to the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which infuriated President Trump.

"He's conflicted himself out of his this," Chaffetz said. "He should resign or step down or the president should fire him. He's a worthless attorney general. ... Let's get rid of him. Have a real attorney general.".......

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/09/jason-chaffetz-jeff-sessions-worthless-attorney-general-should-resign-or-be-fired
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Reefer Madness is seemingly Sessions, "Peter Principle" topic.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Chaffetz is leaving Congress and the House Judiciary Committee has no bearing on confirmations, anyway.  When someone like Grassley calls for Sessions to go, it'll be taken seriously.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Imagine the uproar if Trump fired Sessions.  Guaranteed calls for impeachment.  Obvious obstruction of justice and all.

Funny thing is in the end, a few more peoples eyes may be opened.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Imagine the uproar if Trump fired Sessions.  Guaranteed calls for impeachment.  Obvious obstruction of justice and all.

There would be an uproar BY THE DEMOCRATS who love Sessions because he is behaving just like Holder and Lynch. The fact the the Democrat LOVE him is a huge red flag.

But Obstruction of Justice charges are impossible. Sessions has recused himself from anything to do with Mueller or Russia, and has not been involved in any investigation of anything as far as I know, except dope and MS13.

How can it be obstruction since Sessions hasn't done a damn thing his entire time in office?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

There would be an uproar BY THE DEMOCRATS who love Sessions because he is behaving just like Holder and Lynch. The fact the the Democrat LOVE him is a huge red flag.

The top Dems opposed him heavily and would bring the others in line to scream obstruction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-democrats-plan-late-night-oppose-ag-nominee-sessions-n718066

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The top Dems opposed him heavily and would bring the others in line to scream obstruction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-democrats-plan-late-night-oppose-ag-nominee-sessions-n718066

It is a shame that they failed. But now, everything is opposite of that. Everyone thought Sessions was going to be a bulldog. That's why the Dems opposed him.

But now they see him as a suckling little kitten who wouldn't hurt a fly. And they love that. That is why they are willing to fight to keep him in office. Not because he is good, they want him to stay because he is terrible.

A ghost employee as AG is just what the Dems were praying for. And they got that with Sessions.

Either he is a coward or he is being blackmailed somehow. The guy is totally useless.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:13:32 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

But Obstruction of Justice charges are impossible. Sessions has recused himself from anything to do with Mueller or Russia, and has not been involved in any investigation of anything as far as I know, except dope and MS13.

How can it be obstruction since Sessions hasn't done a damn thing his entire time in office?

Think it through, and note that I said "uproar" and "calls for impeachment", not an actual conviction.

You work for the media (I know, I know, stay with me).  You hate Trump and anyone else with an R, besides maybe McCain once in a while.  You've told your viewers all about how Trump is under investigation, might even fire the investigators, etc, etc.  Then he fires the AG, who is (in theory at least, and as far as your viewers know) ultimately responsible for said investigations.  Your viewers may have heard the name Jeff Sessions, and may have a basic idea what an "Attorney General" is, but neither really matter, all you need to do is push the notion that Trump fired the guy who runs the department which is investigating him.  Obstruction of justice.  QED.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chaffetz is leaving Congress and the House Judiciary Committee has no bearing on confirmations, anyway.  ...

Chaffetz retired from Congress on June 30, 2017.

Sessions isn't going anywhere.  He's got the most secure job in Washington.

Hopefully the administration is learning how to work around him.

Offline edpc

Chaffetz retired from Congress on June 30, 2017.

There you go, then.  His opinion on it now means less than John Curtis’.

There you go, then.  His opinion on it now means less than John Curtis’.

I think there's merit to his opinion even though Chaffetz is no longer in Congress.  I'll agree his ability to directly affect any action is diminished.

Offline anubias

Getting the public screaming about it might help with the Senate problem; although doubtful.  The Senate is nothing but a nest of vipers.

Offline edpc

I think there's merit to his opinion even though Chaffetz is no longer in Congress.  I'll agree his ability to directly affect any action is diminished.

Problem is, even if he was Speaker, he never had any.  Republican members of the Senate had said in summer 2017 they wouldn’t hold hearings on a Sessions replacement.  There are enough unreliable votes out of the 51 (not to mention political risk in an election year) to pretty much guarantee Sessions is around until 2020, if he wants to be.  The only way I see him gone before then is if the Mueller probe wraps up and presented its findings.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:58:08 pm by edpc »

Offline corbe

Sessions may be ineffective as AG in the Trump World because of his recusal but he's not stupid.  Being an early and top advisor in the Campaign he was probably aware of the Manafort/Eric, Jr./Kushner meeting with the Russian Lawyer in Trump Tower  to obtain hellarys email dirt and suspected there were other avenues being pursued as well.  He decided rightly, IMHO, that he was not gonna put his head on the chopping block for stupid decisions made by political inexperienced Family members and a sleazy Campaign Manager.   
   My .2 centavos.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
   Sessions may be ineffective as AG in the Trump World because of his recusal but he's not stupid.  Being an early and top advisor in the Campaign he was probably aware of the Manafort/Eric, Jr./Kushner meeting with the Russian Lawyer in Trump Tower  to obtain hellarys email dirt and suspected there were other avenues being pursued as well.  He decided rightly, IMHO, that he was not gonna put his head on the chopping block for stupid decisions made by political inexperienced Family members and a sleazy Campaign Manager.   
   My .2 centavos.

@corbe

How much is that in mercan money? Inquiring minds want to know!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

My .2 centavos.

Depends on who you mean by campaign manager.  This meeting took place on June 9, 2016.  At that time, Lewandowski was still manager.  Manafort was an advisor.  Lewandowski was fired a couple weeks later.   I’m trying to comb through stories to see who thought what of the story of the time.   I’m certain that is information Mueller has gathered in the course of his probe.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:18:43 pm by edpc »