Author Topic: Scientists warn of unusually cold Sun: Will we face another ice age?  (Read 364 times)

rangerrebew

Scientists warn of unusually cold Sun: Will we face another ice age?
A study by the University of California San Diego has said the Sun will experience a cold period where all solar activities will be reduced drastically.
By : Bihu Ray
February 8, 2018 14:46 IST

Remember the 1989 science fiction novel The Dying Sun by Gary Blackwood, where people were forced to migrate from the US to Mexico because of the freezing weather triggered by cooling down of the Sun? Scientists are now afraid that such a situation can become a reality in the near future. The question that now arises is, are we at all prepared for another ice age?

A study by the University of California San Diego has claimed that by 2050, the Sun is expected to become cool. You might think "what's the big deal," but remember that this means the solar activities that create the heat of the Sun to sustain life on Earth may diminish. And the last time it happened was in the 17th Century, when the Thames River froze. Scientists call this the "Maunder Minimum".

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/scientists-warn-unusually-cold-sun-will-we-face-another-ice-age-759865

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Scientists warn of unusually cold Sun: Will we face another ice age?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 07:45:51 pm »
Heretics! Blasphemers! Infidels! Burn them!

BURN THEM!
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:00:39 pm »
Haven't I seen That Mag cover before? 

:pondering:

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:03:20 pm »
The warming cultists and their high-priests will blame any ice-age on Global Warming. That is not a joke. They are already doing that even as we speak. There are countless articles claiming that the unusually cold winter this year is due to Global Warming.

The theory goes that as the Earth warms, then xfdsfjjhk combined with alsdjuweu syndrome happens and then of course jsldjfeiui is the inevitable result and so the Earth cools. It couldn't be any more simple.

If the cultists were encased in ice, they would still be screaming "Global Warming!". And that too has happened more than once. Every time they try to send a ship to the arctic or antarctic oceans to prove there is no ice there, they inevitably get stuck in the ice and have to be rescued.

They are impervious to facts or science because Global Warming is more of a faith, a type of religious belief, than it is based on any real data.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 08:17:03 pm »
The cult of climate change is a dangerous thing.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »
Haven't I seen That Mag cover before? 

:pondering:

And many of the Warmest temperature plots start in 1979 to show the rise from - starting from record lows...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 08:30:11 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Population_Bomb

1968 book, titled "The Population Bomb," which argued mass starvation and an Ice Age.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln