Author Topic: White House officials knew about Porter's abuse allegations and scrambled to protect him  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

From the link:

Maybe. Or maybe this is smart White House spin to protect Trump (and the Kushners) as headlines about an accused wife-beater in the West Wing proliferate.

Yeah - Hotair is being a little too cute, here.  Part of the Chief of Staff’s job is to control access of personnel and information to the president.  Sometimes that’s to keep a specific agenda moving forward.  Other times it’s to insulate the President from implications.

The really interesting aspect of the story is the handling.  Some of that falls on Gen. Kelly but some also falls on the Communications Director.  Anyone know who that is?  It’s none other than the inexperienced and obviously conflicted Hope Hicks.

Golly, gee whiz.  You are determined to make this bigger than it is.

It is not that big and will have no lasting effect on anything.

Some of the stories portray Porter as little more than a clerk.  There is no reason in heck why the White House would risk anything to protect him.

Give it a rest.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I believe this is the first time Raj Shah ran a WH press conference.  I wouldn't assume the "handle better" quote is straight from the top.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Golly, gee whiz.  You are determined to make this bigger than it is.

It is not that big and will have no lasting effect on anything.

Some of the stories portray Porter as little more than a clerk.  There is no reason in heck why the White House would risk anything to protect him.

Give it a rest.

I'm afraid if you ever tried to actually read and comprehend something, it may result in self-harm.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I'm afraid if you ever tried to actually read and comprehend something, it may result in self-harm.

Lame, Ed.  Really lame.

Offline corbe

He is no more a Clerk than that Popadoceaux guy was just a coffee boy, it's SOP for this White House (not unlike others) to downplay this,  As Fox News reported tonight, Porter Vetted everything Trump signed last year.
   But I do agree this will soon be put to Bed as there are much bigger things going on now @Emjay.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

As Fox News reported tonight, Porter Vetted everything Trump signed last year.

LOL. You are trying to convince people that the WH proofreader is an important job? If so you should be able to roll out the last 5 WH proofreaders off the top of your head and we will all know who they are.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   He is no more a Clerk than that Popadoceaux guy was just a coffee boy, it's SOP for this White House (not unlike others) to downplay this,  As Fox News reported tonight, Porter Vetted everything Trump signed last year.
   But I do agree this will soon be put to Bed as there are much bigger things going on now @Emjay.

@corbe   Corbe, you ignorant slut.  I didn't say he was a clerk; I don't think he was a clerk even though some posts here reported that he was.  I don't think he was a major player either.  I think he was probably a very competent and charismatic guy.  Even his wives adored him ... until they didn't.