Author Topic: DREAMers Threaten To Leave The Country If Congress Doesn't Reach A DACA Deal  (Read 742 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26907/dreamers-threaten-leave-country-if-congress-doesnt-emily-zanotti
A group of DREAMers, young illegal immigrants fighting to stay in the country following the Trump Administration's refusal to extend the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive order, say they'll leave the country if a deal isn't reached . . . err . . . to keep them in the country.

Speaking to CNN, one of these DREAMers, Alex Velez, said, "I will leave. I will leave America as soon as possible,” claiming that she would prefer to depart the country on her own terms than wait for the United States to collect and deport her.

The theory appears to be that, if DREAMers suddenly disappear, Americans will notice their absence. Velez and her sister claim they own businesses, pay tuition, and hold jobs, and that America has a duty to keep them here in order to maintain their contributions.

The problem is, for the Velez sisters, striking against the United States for refusing to accommodate them isn't a plan with a likely payoff. The pair are undocumented citizens brought over by their parents from Venezuela, and the situation in their home country is less than ideal.

more at link.

I am generally supportive of DACA but these two must go. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 buh bye
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's not a threat, but I hope its a promise.  Let the self deporting begin!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"one of these DREAMers, Alex Velez, said, "I will leave. I will leave America as soon as possible,”

Get it writing and make it stick.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Right_in_Virginia

buh bye

You took the wave right off my keyboard.   :laugh:

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

Being under the weather today, this post perked me right up.   888high58888

Thank you @Wingnut

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Please Dreamers, don't throw me in that briar patch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Ask Canada why half of Hollywood is(n't) living there now that Trump is President.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Alex Velez, said, "I will leave. I will leave America as soon as possible,” claiming that she would prefer to depart the country on her own terms than wait for the United States to collect and deport her.

buh bye

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion