Author Topic: Cook Political Report moves 21 House races toward Dems  (Read 319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cook Political Report moves 21 House races toward Dems
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:31:57 pm »
Cook Political Report moves 21 House races toward Dems
By Ben Kamisar - 02/08/18 12:09 PM EST

The Cook Political Report, a non-partisan elections analyst, moved 21 House races in favor of the Democratic Party in its latest rankings released on Thursday.

The swing includes a mixture of safe and swing seats where Cook believes the Democratic Party has become more likely to either win a new seat or re-elect an incumbent.

Dave Wasserman, a Cook analyst, pointed to strong Democratic fundraising in the final quarter of 2017 along with a consistent lead in the generic ballot as to why the group feels even more confident about Democratic changes in 2018. About 50 Democratic challengers outraised Republican incumbents in the last three months of 2017, while only a small handful of Republican challengers raised more than the Democratic incumbent they hope to face.

Even though Republicans appear to be closing the gap on the generic ballot, which has shrunk to a 6-point Democratic lead, according to FiveThirtyEight's polling average, Wasserman said that shift isn't enough to make him optimistic about the GOP's chances.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/372938-cook-political-report-moves-21-house-races-toward-dems
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Cook Political Report moves 21 House races toward Dems
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:42:42 pm »
With President Trump and Congressional Republican's both seeing solid positive approval movement due to the taxcut and an improving economy, now is the perfect time to sell reports to MSM by propping up the rats.  Cook will also sell more reports to Fox News, and Trumpbart next month when they move those same seats back to the GOP.  Bonus!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 05:45:22 pm »
I feel that this is fairly accurate.  IF the DEMS are held accountable for the dossiers, etc., I believe that this will change dramatically.

At any rate, this from Team Cruz:

First, it was Rosie. Then came far-left liberals like Chuck Schumer and Elizabeth Warren came to Texas to try and turn it blue. Now, Sarah Jessica Parker and Bravo's Andy Cohen were in Texas to raise money for Democrats.

These Hollywood liberals do not represent Texas values, and they are working to make sure that Ted's voice is taken out of Washington. We can't let that happen.

Your IMMEDIATE contribution of $5, $25, $50, $100, or whatever you can afford will help us keep Ted's voice in Washington.

The Democrats are all-in on Texas, and we need to show them we are still going to #KeepTexasRed!

If Democrats are able to flip this seat, there will have no chance on getting Obamacare, no chance on dealing with immigration, or making the middle class tax cuts permanent.

Hollywood elites don't represent Texas values, don't let them buy a Senate seat in Texas. You've seen how much the Democrats are raising; you've seen how close the polling is. WE need your help more than ever.

Will you stand with Ted in the fight to keep Texas values in Washington? Will you stand with him in this fight to keep our shared conservative values in Washington?

We need Ted's voice in Washington to pass the conservative agenda that we promised the voters last November. We are off to a great start, but there is still so much to do.

For Liberty,

Team Cruz

https://contribute.tedcruz.org/donate/?utm_campaign=20180207_team-cruz&utm_content=body_text_donate&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pa_hf

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »
With President Trump and Congressional Republican's both seeing solid positive approval movement due to the taxcut and an improving economy, now is the perfect time to sell reports to MSM by propping up the rats.  Cook will also sell more reports to Fox News, and Trumpbart next month when they move those same seats back to the GOP.  Bonus!

I like the way you think.  I'm keeping my eye on you.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:13:46 pm »
As things stand right now, I doubt it. Yes, the minority usually picks up seats in the mid terms, historically. However, Reagan took a beating in his first midterm, because of the recession. Bush took a beating in 2006 due to the Iraq war.  Barring some large events (conflict in Korea or heavy market instability), I don’t see a house or senate flip as a possibility.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:18:45 pm »
I have taken multiple calls from entities doing political polling. They seem to be push polls however.

I doubt that a significant number of these districts, have had much legitimate unbiased polling of likely voters. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln