Author Topic: White House officials knew about Porter's abuse allegations and scrambled to protect him  (Read 1154 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

CNN? Reliable source for news? 

Ever see the bumper sticker that states "Is it REAL news,or is it CNN news?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Who would have guessed that yours would be the anti-Trump interpretation? (as in virtually every time)

Who would guess that "anti-Trump" invalidates all things uncomfortable to those seeking truth.

@truth_seeker

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
http://www.bornebackceaselessly.com/journal/2017/4/24/why-i-stayed
April of 2017

Sad story that we've seen way too many times on soap operas and Law & Order SVU.

I feel sorry for her even though I can't really identify with her.

So, how can someone like Kelly, boss and co-worker, be expected to know what was going on with the guy in private?

He can't.

But the natives are restless tonight and the Trump haters have seen what they think is a fly and they're jumping on it like crazy frogs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A third woman that dated him has come out and said he was abusive.

I’m always a bit suspicious of these accusations, but yeah, it’s looking bad now.

@anubias

I am now suspicious about ALL the accussations suddenly seeing the light of day after years,or even decades in the dark. These women couldn't report the man that assaulted them because they didn't want to lose a job or a fat divorce settlement? You are a whore that has already sold your body and your alleged conscience for a cash payoff,and now that you have spent all the money or it has suddenly became both trendy and profitable to do so,you step forward full of fake outrage??

Some of the women screaming the loudest today about Weinstein were even enablers that helped him snag other victims,and suddenly they hate the guy are are horrified about what he did?

Give me a bleeping break!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, how can someone like Kelly, boss and co-worker, be expected to know what was going on with the guy in private?

He can't.

This info came out as part of his background check for security clearance.  When you can’t get one, your boss knows why.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@anubias

I am now suspicious about ALL the accussations suddenly seeing the light of day after years,or even decades in the dark. These women couldn't report the man that assaulted them because they didn't want to lose a job or a fat divorce settlement? You are a whore that has already sold your body and your alleged conscience for a cash payoff,and now that you have spent all the money or it has suddenly became both trendy and profitable to do so,you step forward full of fake outrage??

Some of the women screaming the loudest today about Weinstein were even enablers that helped him snag other victims,and suddenly they hate the guy are are horrified about what he did?

Give me a bleeping break!

Whoa.  Slow down. 

Some of what you say is true but I totally believe these women.  They were not looking for some kind of big payday like the Weinstein victims.  They were in a marriage with a guy they once loved who was good to them some of the time and who kept promising not to do it again.

It's an old and sad story and it truly happens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course you can count on the media to go right over the top.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jake-tapper-trump-presidency-human-decency_us_5a7ba7f1e4b0c6726e0f2780?f7

@skeeter

More man-bashing for fun and profit. This is REALLY rich coming from Arriana Huffington,who knowingly married a homosexual and was paid to be his beard for years. I'm still not sure if she left him,or he just told her to go after he decided to out himself. At any rate,she got enough money out of it to start partying with movie stars and start up the Huffington Post.

I am certain that if you offered her enough money,she would blow you on live tv,yet here she is,complaining about the morals  of someone else.

This is nothing less than an attack on all heterosexual men.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

This info came out as part of his background check for security clearance.  When you can’t get one, your boss knows why.

And you have a source for this?  When was his background check and what was on it since the accusations have not been made at the time.

Give it up.

Offline edpc

And you have a source for this?  When was his background check and what was on it since the accusations have not been made at the time.

Give it up.

The source would be any news story you’d get from searching ‘Rob Porter background check.’  Try it.  Your laziness and ignorance isn’t my responsibility to fix.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:44:12 pm by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The source would be any news story you’d get from searching ‘Rob Porter background check.’  Try it.

Sorry, Ed.  You are not going to discredit Trump on this issue.  Try again next time.

Offline edpc

Sorry, Ed.  You are not going to discredit Trump on this issue.  Try again next time.

Porter is (was) staff.  Kelly is Chief Of Staff.  That’s Porter’s immediate boss and who would know about the failed background check.   Go back and see where I tried to blame this on Trump.  You won’t. Why do you insist on making a fool of yourself all of the time?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:48:01 pm by edpc »

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

More man-bashing for fun and profit. This is REALLY rich coming from Arriana Huffington,who knowingly married a homosexual and was paid to be his beard for years. I'm still not sure if she left him,or he just told her to go after he decided to out himself. At any rate,she got enough money out of it to start partying with movie stars and start up the Huffington Post.

I am certain that if you offered her enough money,she would blow you on live tv,yet here she is,complaining about the morals  of someone else.

This is nothing less than an attack on all heterosexual men.

The democrats needed something to replace the New Deal coalition. So they've stitched together an association of disaffected women, homosexual, non white, non citizen groups.

Instead of economic issues hatred is the glue that keeps 'em cohesive. Thats where the media comes in.

Question is when will they hit 51% of the electorate.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:53:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline Suppressed

This has details on security clearances and timelines to get them, interim clearance, etc.
http://time.com/5140338/rob-porter-trump-aides/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

Okay ... and the boss (or HR dept in the rest of the world) would discuss the circumstances and whether or not the job could done without security clearance.  (Most secretarial jobs can be)

Are you saying that no man accused of abusing an ex is employable --- and redeemable?

@edpc
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:58:55 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

Okay ... and the boss (or HR dept in the rest of the world) would discuss the circumstances and whether or not the job could done without security clearance.  (Most secretarial jobs can be)

Are you saying that no man accused of abusing an ex is employable --- and redeemable?

@edpc

I’m saying if you can’t pass a background security check, you probably shouldn’t have the job. Part of my job requires driving a company vehicle. If I get a DUI, I’ll lose my job. If I had one on my driving record prior to application, the fact that I am such a warm, caring, all-around great guy who can fix the shit out of equipment won’t matter.  I wouldn’t get hired.   They wouldn’t even care if I had gone through AA and had years of sobriety.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:16:25 pm by edpc »

Offline Concerned

@edpc

The staff secretary job isn't a typical secretarial job.  It requires a security clearance, typically a Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information one.  The Time Magazine article referenced above makes this clear.  As someone who has passed many polygraphs for one of these, it's a whole different world.  It sounds as though Porter denied these charges yet the ex-wives reportedly told the FBI about calls to the police, a temporary restraining order, and photos of the alleged abuse.  Assuming those calls to police and TRO were confirmed (and I suspect they were), from my experience, being caught in a lie is certainly enough to flag this individual that he's not going to get his security clearance.  Once that happens, it's unlikely he can perform his job function and should be/will be let go.  I handled many employees in this situation and that's exactly what we did.  I doubt the White House is any different.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:29:50 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I’m saying if you can’t pass a background security check, you probably shouldn’t have the job. Part of my job requires driving a company vehicle. If I get a DUI, I’ll lose my job. If I had one on my driving record prior to application, the fact that I am such a warm, caring, all-around great guy who can fix the shit out of equipment won’t matter.  I wouldn’t get hired.   They wouldn’t even care if I had gone through AA and had years of sobriety.

Why don't you spend the whole day on this and stay off of other threads even if you are a warm, caring guy.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

Why don't you spend the whole day on this and stay off of other threads even if you are a warm, caring guy.

I am warm and I do care.  Now, go play with a cone snail.

Offline Suppressed

White House: Porter situation could have been handled better
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372999-white-house-porter-situation-could-have-been-handled-better

This is huge.

It's a great sign that the White House is maturing.  I give Trump credit for recognizing how this is playing outside the trumptrain blinders.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is huge.

It's a great sign that the White House is maturing.  I give Trump credit for recognizing how this is playing outside the trumptrain blinders.

I believe this is the first time Raj Shah ran a WH press conference.  I wouldn't assume the "handle better" quote is straight from the top.

Offline endicom

For when 'furious' just isn't enough...

“F***Ing Pissed”: Trump Reportedly Enraged At Staff Over Porter Mess

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/08/fing-pissed-trump-reportedly-enraged-staff-porter-mess/

Offline edpc

For when 'furious' just isn't enough...

“F***Ing Pissed”: Trump Reportedly Enraged At Staff Over Porter Mess

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/08/fing-pissed-trump-reportedly-enraged-staff-porter-mess/

From the link:

Maybe. Or maybe this is smart White House spin to protect Trump (and the Kushners) as headlines about an accused wife-beater in the West Wing proliferate.

Yeah - Hotair is being a little too cute, here.  Part of the Chief of Staff’s job is to control access of personnel and information to the president.  Sometimes that’s to keep a specific agenda moving forward.  Other times it’s to insulate the President from implications.

The really interesting aspect of the story is the handling.  Some of that falls on Gen. Kelly but some also falls on the Communications Director.  Anyone know who that is?  It’s none other than the inexperienced and obviously conflicted Hope Hicks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:35:01 pm by edpc »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The democrats needed something to replace the New Deal coalition. So they've stitched together an association of disaffected women, homosexual, non white, non citizen groups.

Instead of economic issues hatred is the glue that keeps 'em cohesive. Thats where the media comes in.

Question is when will they hit 51% of the electorate.

@skeeter

And there you have it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@skeeter

And there you have it.

And that's not all. Yahoo has a big story on Trump's hair today.