Author Topic: General leaves National Security Council after leak of 5G telecom memo: report  (Read 426 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/04/general-leaves-national-security-council-after-leak-5g-telecom-memo-report.html

A U.S. Air Force brigadier general has returned to the military branch after service with the National Security Council following the leak of a memo that advocated for a government takeover of development of the nation’s 5G mobile telecom network, according to a report.

Air Force Brig. Gen. Robert Spalding was the author of the memo, which became the focus of a story by news organization Axios that irked the telecom industry and irritated the White House, the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Spalding’s last day with the NSC was Jan. 31, the Post reported, citing information from a senior Trump administration official. The report said Spalding was not implicated in the leak, but officials decided his backing of the potential government takeover of the 5G network exceeded his NSC role.

The brigadier general was told he would be leaving the NSC before his memo and PowerPoint proposal were leaked, the report said.

He's not the leaker but it was his idea.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So we have generals on the NSC pushing for this kind of govt takeover.   he gets canned because of the response to the leak.

What other totalitarian ideas are coming out of those 3 letter agencies?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.