Author Topic: NBC Reporter Goes to North Korean Amusement Park, Enjoys Bumper Cars  (Read 667 times)

rangerrebew

NBC Reporter Goes to North Korean Amusement Park, Enjoys Bumper Cars
By Kyle Drennen | February 7, 2018 4:07 PM EST

In a stunningly tone deaf report for NBC’s Today show on Wednesday, reporter Keir Simmons touted “a week inside North Korea” and gaining “rare access to the people there,” which included riding bumper cars at an amusement park in Pyongyang and sampling beer at a local bar. Less than a minute of the five-minute long segment focused on North Korea’s atrocious human rights abuses.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2018/02/07/nbc-reporter-goes-north-korean-amusement-park-enjoys-bumper-cars

Oceander

Re: NBC Reporter Goes to North Korean Amusement Park, Enjoys Bumper Cars
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »
:facepalm2:

Almost the definition of the “useful idiot”.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:00:02 pm »
 Someone should tell her she should attempt steal a Propaganda poster out of a NK hotel
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 02:11:54 pm »
"It works."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:14:50 pm »
The Alphabet Networks really are that stupid. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:53 pm »
How many liberals booked trips to Haiti after seeing Conan O'Brien frolicking in the surf off a Haitian resort beach? Never underestimate the stupidity/gullibility of lib media types.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:09:52 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:28 pm »
These people would have cheered the Nuremberg rallies
Countdown to Resignation

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »
Everyone's so happy! And color-coordinated!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 03:52:37 pm »
NBC calls Trump a dictator 12 times a day. They praise the NORKS for swell amusements and skating programs.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 03:56:42 pm »
All countries, and even most big cities in the US try to hide poverty and misery from the tourists.  I'm not a world traveler, but I have toured a few cities and this is standard operating procedure. 

Sometimes though the misery can't be avoided. Once, while on a Carribean cruise, my mother and I took a sightseeing cruise of one of the islands. This island boasted pink sand beaches and I will admit those beaches were beautiful.  Unfortunately, this sightseeing tour could nor avoid deteriorating  homes (which were shacks to begin with).  When asked, the tour guide explained the island was still recovering from Hurricane Hugo.  Only...Hugo occurred about 8 years earlier.   

Then along the way, we came across a brand new stadium.    The tour guide said it was for bicycle races,  a popular sport on that islsnd.  Found out later that most of the cost of that stadium was paid out of aid money received after Hurricane Hugo.   

No matter where you go, be aware that while you are admiring various points of interests and shopping for souvenirs in some glitzy tourist trap, behind it all most likely is a great deal of misery for the average person living there. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 05:19:05 pm »
They are also setting up favorable access as the diplomatic situation deteriorates.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 05:28:57 pm »
All countries, and even most big cities in the US try to hide poverty and misery from the tourists.  I'm not a world traveler, but I have toured a few cities and this is standard operating procedure. 

Sometimes though the misery can't be avoided. Once, while on a Carribean cruise, my mother and I took a sightseeing cruise of one of the islands. This island boasted pink sand beaches and I will admit those beaches were beautiful.  Unfortunately, this sightseeing tour could nor avoid deteriorating  homes (which were shacks to begin with).  When asked, the tour guide explained the island was still recovering from Hurricane Hugo.  Only...Hugo occurred about 8 years earlier.   

Then along the way, we came across a brand new stadium.    The tour guide said it was for bicycle races,  a popular sport on that islsnd.  Found out later that most of the cost of that stadium was paid out of aid money received after Hurricane Hugo.   

No matter where you go, be aware that while you are admiring various points of interests and shopping for souvenirs in some glitzy tourist trap, behind it all most likely is a great deal of misery for the average person living there.

@Applewood

NK separates it's citizens into 3 categories.   The a listers live in the Capital and are the elite.   They want for very little as long as the properly worship dear leader.

B listers work in the city and can own land elsewhere.

C listers are the slaves and can't own property.

Rural Alabama can be poor but they don't have death camps and the military doesn't steal their food.   People can also leave Alabama without getting shot.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 11:43:24 pm »
Give this guy the 2018 "Walter Duranty truth-in-reporting" award, with prize funding by the New York Times...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 11:46:29 pm »
Everyone's so happy! And color-coordinated!

Who is the tool on camera.  Leslie Holt?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."