Author Topic: Conservatives are about to get hosed on spending, debt, and health care  (Read 230 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's lengthy but I wanted to at least point out the highlights of the so-called budget and as well as the fact that McConnell is useless once again (no surprise).

Conservatives are about to get hosed on spending, debt, and health care

......At a time when a sane GOP majority could be accomplishing so many historical reforms piggybacking off the tax cuts, Republicans are about to bust the budget caps, bail out Obamacare, and help the hospital cartel, all while on their way to championing open borders and amnesty. The House already passed a budget continuing resolution (CR) yesterday, funding the government through March 23, but rather than cutting spending and defunding Planned Parenthood or sanctuary cities, they increased spending by $12 billion. In addition, here are the contours of the two-year budget agreement between Schumer and McConnell.............

1) Republicans plan to deep-six the Budget Control Act (BCA) and bust the budget caps by at least $300 billion over the next two years. ....

2) After reauthorizing CHIP for 6 years despite the fact that even Obamacare drafters envisioned it expiring because everyone under 400 percent of the poverty level was subsidized anyway, they now plan to extend it for another four years....

3) Republicans included a provision in the CR to reinstate another $5 billion in DSH (disproportioned share hospital) payments designed to compensate hospitals for emergency and indigent care that goes unpaid by patients.....

4) The framework would reauthorize $7 billion for community health centers. In a true free-market health care world, community health care centers would be a great alternative to the insurance cartel and government programs for treating the indigent....

5) The debt limit will be breached in mid-March. One would think that after going on a spending binge, Republicans would at least compensate for it by using the debt limit as leverage to enact welfare reform....

6) Not only are they not repealing Obamacare, there is a parallel agreement to pass the insurance bailout to grow the “reinsurance program,” despite the fact that the insurance cartel is flush with cash....

7) Oh, and we forgot to mention the $80 billion in disaster relief.

8) Oh, and we forgot the massive, porkulous “infrastructure” plan that should be devolved to the states but will instead bankrupt us further by entrenching the failed federal transportation system....

9) Oh, and we forgot the Rubio-Lee-Earnst Ivankacare plan to create a new federal entitlement of paid family leave....

10) Next week, McConnell will bring up an immigration bill and will start out with essentially a blank piece of paper. So rather than only bringing the president’s plan or the Goodlatte plan for a vote, he will not take a side as party leader to support the president and the GOP party platform....

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/conservatives-get-hosed-spending-debt-health-care/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:42:19 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.