Author Topic: Cow, Soy or Almond: Which 'Milk' Is Best for You?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Cow, Soy or Almond: Which 'Milk' Is Best for You?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 02:09:53 am »
The latter is natural and good, the former, well that's more than a bit weird.

:shrug:
My wife requested it for the purpose of relief. Her milk always came in way hard, and she would get painfully gravid... Just to take the edge off it the first month or so, till her body figured out something normative, or till the kid was big enough to manage the inventory, dunno which.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:21 am »
If you have allergies cows milk can make them worse.  It increases the mucus your body makes.

Wouldn't know. Folks don't get allergies near as much in the country. I only know a handful of em.  :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:35 am »
My son had allergies to processed milk.  When he drank store-bought milk, he would break out in a huge rash around his mouth.  But then we found a farmer who was willing to sell us raw milk.  Once he switched to raw milk, the rash disappeared.

Unfortunately, the Obama Administration made it illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption.  So the farmer is now an outlaw.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:38 am »
If you have allergies cows milk can make them worse.  It increases the mucus your body makes.

Drinking milk can increase mucus even without allergies. I remember when I got my tonsils out in 1979, that already by then, you were not given any ice cream to sooth the pain and soreness but just icicles and jello and that ice cream was a big no no as it caused mucus and would cause coughing.

I do like some good ice cream now and then but I have to be careful because if I eat it too close to bed time, I will wake up in the middle of the night withe acid reflux and a terrible cough.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 02:45:24 am »
My son had allergies to processed milk.  When he drank store-bought milk, he would break out in a huge rash around his mouth.  But then we found a farmer who was willing to sell us raw milk.  Once he switched to raw milk, the rash disappeared.

YEP. I think most illness in the US is food driven.

Unfortunately, the Obama Administration made it illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption.  So the farmer is now an outlaw.

He's in some mighty fine company. And it ain't like a good ol boy never sidestepped a revenuer before  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:53 pm »

@Hoodat

Are you sure about that? It varies by state. It is legal here in PA. I used to drive by a farm on my way to work up until a year ago that sold it, along with eggs and produce. They were Mennonites.

http://www.realrawmilkfacts.com/raw-milk-regulations/state/pennsylvania
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »

Not exactly correct.

https://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005192

Find a seller in your state. www.realmilk.com