Author Topic: Trump, Rosenstein meet about Democratic intelligence memo  (Read 479 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Rosenstein meet about Democratic intelligence memo
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:22 pm »
Trump, Rosenstein meet about Democratic intelligence memo
by Kelly Cohen | Feb 6, 2018, 4:36 PM

President Trump and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein met Tuesday afternoon to discuss the memo put together by Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee to rebut the Republican memo alleging abuses of the government's surveillance authority.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that the president has seen the memo, and it is undergoing the same review process that its Republican counterpart went through.

"The president has seen the memo. He met with the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein within the last hour to discuss some of the differences between the two memos," she said. "And we are undergoing the exact same process that we did with the previous memo in which we will go through a full and thorough legal and national security review. We are in the middle of the process."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-rosenstein-meet-about-democratic-intelligence-memo/article/2648293
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump, Rosenstein meet about Democratic intelligence memo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:00:53 pm »

Hopefully we get to see the underlying FISA documents.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:03 pm »
Trump: 

"Mr. Rosenstein, I want to repeat at the start, I did not ever collude with any Russians. If anybody on my staff did so, I did not know about it."

"Your investigation has yet to find any evidence to the contrary. So tell me, when will this Mueller thing be finished, and my good name cleared?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:06:22 pm »

Someone tell Roy Hobbs to release that Memo.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:38 pm »

Hopefully we get to see the underlying FISA documents.

+1.  I think that's the only way we'll truly know what happened with this FISA application (but I think there's no chance of that).  I just don't trust the Republicans or the Democrats to be openly transparent about the FISA application without partisan posturing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:15:17 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 10:21:34 pm »
We should keep this in mind ... Rosenstein and Wray should be the faces and voices of any redaction.

Dems set Trump trap? Source says FISA rebuttal memo loaded with sensitive details
Fox News, Feb 6, 2018

<snip>

The source who spoke to Fox News has read the Democrats’ rebuttal memo, and said it is filled with information on sources and methods taken from original documents.

While the source described this as a way to put the White House in a difficult spot, Schiff maintained publicly that he wants to make sure the White House "does not redact our memo for political purposes." A Schiff aide referred Fox News back to those comments when asked about the claim that the memo intentionally contained sources and methods.

Schiff again said Tuesday on CNN that he’s concerned about the White House making political redactions – not to protect sources, but to block information that might be unfavorable to the president.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/06/dems-set-trump-trap-source-says-fisa-rebuttal-memo-loaded-with-sensitive-details.html

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 10:26:03 pm »
Why should Trump believe anything Rosenstein tells him? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 10:31:46 pm »
We should keep this in mind ... Rosenstein and Wray should be the faces and voices of any redaction.

Wray wanted names redacted in the last one.  They weren't.  Trump would have the final say, of course, on declassification.  It'd be really funny if he released it clean, then Schiff & Co. accused him of releasing sensitive information from the memo they wanted seen.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »
I hope Donny stabbed Rod in the neck with a rusty dinner fork.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:05 pm »
Why should Trump believe anything Rosenstein tells him?

He appointed him?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln