Author Topic: Trump: ‘I’d love to see a shutdown’ unless Dems fix immigration  (Read 249 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Updated: 2:46 p.m. on Tuesday, February 6, 2018

President Trump said Tuesday he would welcome another government shutdown unless Democrats agree to major changes to stop illegal immigration.

“I’d love to see a shutdown if we can’t get this stuff taken care of,” the president said at a White House roundtable discussion on MS-13 gang violence and illegal immigration.

Mr. Trump has laid out a four-prong approach to immigration discussions on Capitol Hill, saying he would accept a generous amnesty for 1.8 million illegal immigrant “Dreamers” in exchange for major policy changes including a border wall and more authority to speed deportations.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/6/trump-love-see-shutdown-unless-fixes-immigration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump: 'I'd Love to See a Shutdown' If No Deal on Security
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:09 pm »

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would love to see a government shutown if Democrats don't cooperate with his demands for greater border security, appearing to tie negotiations on Capitol Hill to immigration.

His remarks came days before the latest government shutdown deadline at a White House roundtable meeting with members of law enforcement on what to do about the MS-13 gang that he's railed against for days.

"If we don't get rid of these loopholes where killers are allowed to come into our country and continue to kill ... let's have a shutdown, we'll do a shutdown," Trump said. "I'd love to see a shutdown if we don't get this stuff taken care of."

Trump added, "If we have to shut it down because the Democrats don't want safety — and unrelated but still related, they don't want to take care of our military — then shut it down. We'll go with another shutdown."

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/White-House-Dreamers-Congress-Immigration-472961143.html
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:28:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Threads merged.
The Republic is lost.