Author Topic: Well, Well, Well: Nunes Admits The Partisan Origins Of The Dossier *Had* Been Disclosed After All  (Read 3746 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We are not as stupid as you think us to be.  She asked because she already knows the answer as do most in this forum.

Got news for you, there's something a lot of us here know as well - whenever a certain group of you get together in a discussion, it's like being in Guyana - circa November, 1978.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

There is this article that I’ve found about the second secret dossier, but it isn’t the article where I first saw Shearer’s name.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-other-secret-dossier/article/2011477

The Other Secret Dossier
A State Department official reportedly passed on a second Trump 'Dossier,' written by one of Hillary Clinton's sketchiest supporters.
3:20 PM, FEB 06, 2018 | By MARK HEMINGWAY

There are links in that article that are good too, if anyone is interested.

Online corbe

@corbe Then, they should call themselves Blue State.

They've deviated perverts.

Why must you join the party line along with the NTers.  You're better than that.

No one is denying others the right to express opinions.  Not that I wouldn't like to at times.

What gets really old is the automatic, knee-jerk response to anything that could possibly favor the Trump administration.

Only out of political expediency here do I not allow the NT label to upset me because realistically there is no such thing, He is OUR President.  It was only a valid description during the GOP Primary.  I will admit @Emjay that I spend a considerable amount of time at the RS's (Right Scoop & Red State), among others. I have a lot of respect for TBR and the Briefers that inhabit this place, it saves US all the aggravation. 
   I will take this opportunity to say that I am coming around more and more to MY President (it wasn't the total CF I thought it would be, so far) but I'll be damn if I'm gonna pretend all is well with this Presidency either.

PS:  As much as so called NT'ers may upset you and others here, have any of yall stopped to think how much some of the unquestioning devotion on exhibit here sometimes makes some throw up a little on their keyboards?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:57:44 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

@corbe Then, they should call themselves Blue State.

They've deviated perverts.

Why must you join the party line along with the NTers.  You're better than that.

No one is denying others the right to express opinions.  Not that I wouldn't like to at times.

What gets really old is the automatic, knee-jerk response to anything that could possibly favor the Trump administration.

@Emjay The few doing this are not NTs.  They hide behind the NTs.  Please don’t lump all into that group.  One can dislike Trump, but still want what is best for the country and would not actively be trying to protect the likes of Comey, Hillary, and Obama.

Offline anubias

PS:  As much as so called NT'ers may upset you and others here, have any of yall stopped to think how much some of the unquestioning devotion on exhibit here sometimes makes some throw up a little on their keyboards?

@corbe At this point, I’d simply like to see the rule of law restored.  If they all get away with this without any repercussions to anyone, we have no chance of seeing that happen.  I do not think, for a second, that you are one of those that hope that the lawless win in this situation.

Online corbe

@corbe At this point, I’d simply like to see the rule of law restored.  If they all get away with this without any repercussions to anyone, we have no chance of seeing that happen.  I do not think, for a second, that you are one of those that hope that the lawless win in this situation.

Absolutely not, @anubias and thank you for the vote of confidence. I agree with you and my other Ted Friend:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

Absolutely not, @anubias and thank you for the vote of confidence. I agree with you and my other Ted Friend:

LOL. I’d love to see that happen.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Only out of political expediency here do I not allow the NT label to upset me because realistically there is no such thing, He is OUR President.  It was only a valid description during the GOP Primary.  I will admit @Emjay that I spend a considerable amount of time at the RS's (Right Scoop & Red State), among others. I have a lot of respect for TBR and the Briefers that inhabit this place, it saves US all the aggravation. 
   I will take this opportunity to say that I am coming around more and more to MY President (it wasn't the total CF I thought it would be, so far) but I'll be damn if I'm gonna pretend all is well with this Presidency either.

@corbe   Well, I might stop to think but then I'd have to stop, right? 

Aside from maybe two, mostly one, people on this forum I don't see much unquestioning devotion.

I know what you mean, though.  In spite of my defending Trump most of the time, one unadoring word does bring all hell down on me from one or two people.

But, I like them.  I like them better than I like the NTers. 

They are a tiny drop in the sickening bucket here of people whose hatred of Trump has entered their brains and hearts to the point that they immediately take an opposing view to anything favorable to Trump.

You are not among those people, thank God, and I appreciate your willingness to give at least a little praise and acceptance when it is due.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay The few doing this are not NTs.  They hide behind the NTs.  Please don’t lump all into that group.  One can dislike Trump, but still want what is best for the country and would not actively be trying to protect the likes of Comey, Hillary, and Obama.

I know.  Hah!  I was just kidding corbe and I recently watched Dr. Strangelove on Retro TV ... so many good quotes in that movie.

It just gets on my nerves a bit when some posters are so dam negative all the time.  They are willing to do endless research and go to any lengths to prove that something like this Memo-gate thing is wrong and meaningless.

That is a democrat position and I don't appreciate seeing it all over this forum.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
[quote author=corbe link

[/quote]

Thanks for using y'all.  We should use that term more often.

Offline anubias

I know.  Hah!  I was just kidding corbe and I recently watched Dr. Strangelove on Retro TV ... so many good quotes in that movie.

It just gets on my nerves a bit when some posters are so dam negative all the time.  They are willing to do endless research and go to any lengths to prove that something like this Memo-gate thing is wrong and meaningless.

That is a democrat position and I don't appreciate seeing it all over this forum.

It has only been two that I’ve seen out and out try to spread disinformation the last week.  One does the setup for them.  Everybody else, even those that aren’t Trump fans, does not want to see the Obama Admin that weaponized all of the alphabets get away with trying to steal the election as she would have done this no matter who was nominated.  The NTs love our country just as much as we do.  The others would rather see it brought down.

Offline edpc

Unreal.

A glaring and obvious misstep in this process is considered disinformation.  Things have gone full Common Core with reading comprehension and critical thinking if we’ve reached that point.

The weak link in the chain thus far has been the messenger, Nunes, not the memo.  He needs to tighten things up or move aside.  When something is wrong, it’s wrong and I’ll call it like it is.

You don’t like the criticism?  Tough shit.  It’s warranted.  I’m here to say what I think and it’s not always going to be what you want to hear.  So, deal with it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Unreal.

A glaring and obvious misstep in this process is considered disinformation.  Things have gone full Common Core with reading comprehension and critical thinking if we’ve reached that point.

The weak link in the chain thus far has been the messenger, Nunes, not the memo.  He needs to tighten things up or move aside.  When something is wrong, it’s wrong and I’ll call it like it is.

You don’t like the criticism?  Tough shit.  It’s warranted.  I’m here to say what I think and it’s not always going to be what you want to hear.  So, deal with it.

I heard recently about the three levels of intelligence. Lowest little command of anything. Middle level, vast command of many small facts. Highest level, knowing what is most important.

The big picture: the FBI/DOJ/Obama admin. let Hillary off for the many felonies she committed, but tried to frame Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

I heard recently about the three levels of intelligence. Lowest little command of anything. Middle level, vast command of many small facts. Highest level, knowing what is most important.

The big picture: the FBI/DOJ/Obama admin. let Hillary off for the many felonies she committed, but tried to frame Trump.

I’m not certain how many levels there are to platitudes, but that one’s definitely in the sub-basement.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:51:49 am by edpc »

Online Hoodat

I really don't see what Trump has to do with any of this.  While the original narrative included Trump (i.e. Trump was meeting with Russians to get his hands on emails stolen from Hillary's server), it is the precursor to that story that really matters - the stolen emails.  Because the existence of stolen emails prove that the Secretary State, Hillary Clinton, violated her non-disclosure agreement.  And that is a felony.

And anyone on here who can't get on board with that should leave this place and start posting at DU instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I like that. 

Let's see if the Trump admin prosecutes her for these crimes.  It's very important for our nation that it happen.

Offline Concerned

Perhaps you should be emailing Nunes, instead of blaming me for his fuqup.  Have you noticed how Gowdy has to go clean up everything about the memo?

Nunes last Friday - They were never notified on the application about the political nature.  It never happened.  Gowdy on Sunday - I saw the footnote and I now exactly what it says and how convoluted it is and it didn't mention Hillary.  Nunes yesterday.  Yeah, there was a notation on the papers about opposition, but it didn't say Hillary.

Trump on Friday - the memo vindicates me.  Gowdy on Saturday - no, there's still an investigation without the dossier.

Various hyperventilators on Friday - Rosenstein must go!  Gowdy on Sunday - I’ve had my differences with Rod Rosenstein and I still think that he is fully capable of helping run a Justice Department that we can all have confidence in.

No wonder the man wants to quit Congress.

I couldn’t agree more @edpc

I trust Gowdy implicitly, but I think Nunes is an amateur partisan hack.  The issue here IMO is that Nunes has an agenda:  I believe he somehow wants to exonerate Trump in the Mueller probe.  Unfortunately for him, the “Nunes memo” just doesn’t do that, and Gowdy knows it.  The “Nunes memo” does raise real questions about the FISA application for Carter Page, and I think those questions ought to be fully investigated and the guilty (if any) should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  That’s where I think Gowdy is also.  I think Nunes is trying to conflate the problems with the Page FISA application and discrediting Mueller’s probe, and that’s working against him IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I really don't see what Trump has to do with any of this.  While the original narrative included Trump (i.e. Trump was meeting with Russians to get his hands on emails stolen from Hillary's server), it is the precursor to that story that really matters - the stolen emails.  Because the existence of stolen emails prove that the Secretary State, Hillary Clinton, violated her non-disclosure agreement.  And that is a felony.

And anyone on here who can't get on board with that should leave this place and start posting at DU instead.

As lawyers and prosecutors are able, I heard Levin or diGenova list about 6 to 8 felonies by Hillary Clinton.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

...and the emails would also reveal that Obama was emailing his Secretary of State back and forth and that he knew about the illegal server.

Online Hoodat

...and the emails would also reveal that Obama was emailing his Secretary of State back and forth and that he knew about the illegal server.

Great point.  Bring on Special Prosecutor (and former Congressman) Trey Gowdy!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-