Author Topic: Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall  (Read 1322 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:53:38 pm »
[snip]
"So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” said the woman,

Trudeau immediately corrected her.

“We like to say ‘peoplekind,' not necessarily ‘mankind,' because it’s more inclusive,” he said.

The crowd clapped after Trudeau’s comments.

The Canadian government has cracked down on language inclusivity over the last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/06/canadas-trudeau-corrects-woman-for-using-mankind-at-town-hall.html

:facepalm2:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online dfwgator

Re: Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:57:41 pm »
I'll join you in facepalm

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:04:38 pm »
The Latin languages, such as Spanish and French which Trudeau certainly must be familiar with, will have even more problems in this area with the PC police, since they make all nouns male or female.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 04:05:50 pm »
When you are a hole, stop digging.

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 04:06:46 pm »
[snip]
"So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” said the woman,

Trudeau immediately corrected her.

“We like to say ‘peoplekind,' not necessarily ‘mankind,' because it’s more inclusive,” he said.

The crowd clapped after Trudeau’s comments.

The Canadian government has cracked down on language inclusivity over the last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/06/canadas-trudeau-corrects-woman-for-using-mankind-at-town-hall.html

So he mansplained to her.   :whistle:

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:16:32 pm »
Wonder what Trudeau is going to do with all those French nouns that are gender-specific?

Offline anubias

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 04:30:28 pm »
This what Canadian women can expect when they elect pretty boys.   22222frying pan

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 04:32:37 pm »
Me thinks Trudeau views men and women as the same thing, if you know what I mean. I have heard about all the women swooning over this guy. My personal opinion is they are wasting their time. I know he has a beard. Every politician has to. But my gaydar goes off everytime he speaks.

Trudeau acts as queer as a 3 dollar bill. He looks and acts like the guy who always got beat-up for lunch money in school. He is a modern day Neville Chamberlain.

If ever America wanted to invade and control Canada, there has never been a better time than now. I'm pretty sure he would surrender immediately before he would ever 'fight' anyone about anything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:33:11 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 07:55:31 pm »

100% FedUp
Feb 6, 2018

Justin Trudeau is being mocked for his over-the-top political correctness policing of Canadian citizens after he interrupted a woman during her question at a town hall meeting, to admonish her for using the term “mankind” as opposed to “peoplekind”.

The Canadian Prime Minister was hosting a Q&A at MacEwan University in Edmonton on Thursday, the latest stop on a cross-country tour that began last month.

A young woman from the World Mission Society Church of God, a controversial feminist church founded in South Korea, stood to ask a question about volunteering.

Canadian regulations place restrictions on volunteering with religious organizations, and the young woman wanted Trudeau to make it easier for her church to do volunteer work.

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, of Canada, who got into hot water for refusing to use government mandated pronouns, appeared on Fox and Friends where he was asked by Brian Kilmeade about the recent controversy surrounding the cancellation of Father-Daughter dances in America because of gender guidelines.

Dr. Peterson explained, “It’s part of this absolute onslaught by the radical leftists on the fundamental normative structures of our culture. And if you’re going to cancel everything that’s triggering to everyone, then you’re going to cancel everything altogether. Because there isn’t a single thing that anyone can ever say or do that isn’t going to offend someone. And the idea that this is being done so that certain people’s feelings won’t be hurt, I think is absolutely absurd. It’s not compassion and care that’s driving this, its the desire to put forward a very a pernicious ideology and it’s been very, very successful in its application.” 

(more)
https://100percentfedup.com/justin-trudeau-gets-destroyed-interrupts-woman-tell-not-use-mankind-inclusive-peoplekind-term-video/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:56:07 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 08:55:09 pm »
I'm :silly: here.

My ex- once asked Carl Sagan how we as scientists could convince people of the importance of man exploring space while there are problems here on earth.

Instead of answering her question, he went on a long rant about how "You are a woman.   So, of all people, you should know to say 'humanity', not 'man' . . .".

She was thereafter teased that her womanhood had been confirmed by none other than Carl Sagan.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 08:56:39 pm »
Not Appropriate for TBR.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:10:13 pm by MOD8 »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 08:58:04 pm »
Nicely explained here:

There is no such word as ‘peoplekind’.

And he’s wrong too about the etymology of the word ‘mankind’.

It dates back to a time many centuries ago when males were called ‘werman’ and females ‘wyfman’, and ‘man’ was a gender-neutral term meaning all human beings.

So ‘mankind’ was originally intended to signify humanity.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 08:58:37 pm »
NOPE

Talked at length with a Canadian liberal yesterday.  Evidently, he's not well liked even up there.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:10:36 pm by MOD8 »
+++++++++

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:20 pm »
I'm :silly: here.

My ex- once asked Carl Sagan how we as scientists could convince people of the importance of man exploring space while there are problems here on earth.

Instead of answering her question, he went on a long rant about how "You are a woman.   So, of all people, you should know to say 'humanity', not 'man' . . .".

She was thereafter teased that her womanhood had been confirmed by none other than Carl Sagan.

Exactly. In both cases Men were chastising Women for ignorantly not caring enough about Women. But, women is not what it is really about. All Leftists have a pathological need to control other people. What greater form of control can the be than the ability to control what a person is or is not 'allowed' to say, and which words they can or cannot use?

Offline WingNot

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 09:05:52 pm »
Talked at length with a Canadian liberal yesterday.  Evidently, he's not well liked even up there.

Is there anything but liberals up yonder.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 09:07:26 pm »
I am surprised that no one is seeing what the real take away is from this interchange. This Commie fruit PM was asked why Canadian religious organizations are barred from doing charitable work. That is more shocking to find out than what some flake who is generally disliked by his own people has to say on using a word.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 09:16:27 pm »

They'll still vote for him, though.  Just as with DiBlasio in NYC.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 09:18:14 pm »

They'll still vote for him, though.  Just as with DiBlasio in NYC.

I think the PCs will do surprisingly well.
+++++++++

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 09:33:17 pm »
This what Canadian women can expect when they elect pretty boys.   22222frying pan

He is a bit of a poofter. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:35 pm »
I saw this news on Twitter and commented. My response also went to Ms. Trudeau. It was to the effect that "peoplekind is not a word, you effete twit." I hope s/he enjoyed it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 10:21:40 pm »
Merged two threads on same topic

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 10:45:52 pm »
Its not surprising that she was corrected for using generic 'mankind' but not for the blatantly gender specific adjective she used.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 11:11:35 pm »
"That's one small step for people.  One giant step for peoplekind."

Nope.

Doesn't work.

Keep the real words, dummy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 11:13:31 pm »
Its not surprising that she was corrected for using generic 'mankind' but not for the blatantly gender specific adjective she used.

Good catch.  Everyone on the left knows there's no such thing as "maternal love."  Why not pick up on that?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 03:46:21 am »
Suppressed wrote:
"Talked at length with a Canadian liberal yesterday.  Evidently, he's not well liked even up there."

Well, they elected him, didn't they?
Pretty dumb, them Canadians, eh...?

(Wondering if there are any Canadian members of this forum -- I sense not)