Author Topic: Trump's Lawyers Want Him To Refuse Mueller Interview Request: NY Times  (Read 628 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Several of U.S. President Donald Trump's lawyers have advised him not to sit down for an interview with a special counsel investigating possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign to influence the 2016 presidential election, the New York Times reported on Monday.

Citing four people briefed on the matter, the newspaper said the lawyers were concerned that given Trump's penchant for making false statements and contradicting himself, he could be charged with lying to investigators.

Trump has said he would be willing to be interviewed under oath by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. "I'm looking forward to it, actually," Trump told reporters last month.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-lawyers-want-him-refuse-mueller-interview-request-025246892.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:26:07 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Trump's Lawyers Want Him To Refuse Mueller Interview Request: NY Times
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:43:33 am »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 03:44:57 am »
"I'm looking forward to it, actually," Trump told reporters last month.

So Reuters. Why did you end the Presidents quote with a comma? Was something else said to finish that sentence? Something that the MSM didn't bother to tell us about until after their irrational stop the presses moment?

BTW a public defender who got drunk drinking turpentine and high huffing paint would tell their client to pass on being interviewed by a professional loser like Mueller. There is no upside to it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 03:46:24 am »
If the president refuses to sit for an interview, Mueller could subpoena the president to testify before a grand jury. A subpoena could trigger a court fight that might ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court.

Well, that could certainly put the Gorsuch appointment to the test.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 04:43:47 am »
If the president refuses to sit for an interview, Mueller could subpoena the president to testify before a grand jury. A subpoena could trigger a court fight that might ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court.

Well, that could certainly put the Gorsuch appointment to the test.

Please give him your middle finger, President Trump.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this, never willingly talk to the FBI.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:16:29 am »
Since the man contradicts himself from sentence to sentence, this seems like sound advice.