Author Topic: House Intelligence Committee votes to release Democrats' response to Nunes memo  (Read 1497 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
AG or assistant AG.  That’s why the Dems are so afraid of us getting rid of Rosenstein.  When he’s gone, Gowdy or someone like Gowdy, will step in.  Rosenstein is the key.  He MUST go, I think.

Trump can actually fire Muller on his own. He would probably be happy to get rid of Rosenstein and Sessions, as well.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/can-trump-fire-special-counsel-robert-mueller-239500

The reason he hasn't is likely because of the admin desire for immigration reform and an actual budget passing through Congress.  Enough of the Old Guard establishment members are probably aware of this as well, which is why they are slow walking everything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:21:49 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

Trump can actually fire Muller on his own. He would probably be happy to get rid of Rosenstein and Sessions, as well.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/can-trump-fire-special-counsel-robert-mueller-239500

The reason he hasn't is likely because of the admin desire for immigration reform and an actual budget passing through Congress.  Enough of the Old Guard establishment members are probably aware of this as well, which is why they are slow walking everything.

The rats have threatened him with Obstruction of Justice if he does.
The Senate Republicans have threatened to not fill the seat if he fires Sessions.
If Trump does either, he becomes the story again, not them.

I don’t believe for a second that it has a thing to do with immigration.  The Dem’s aren’t going to pass an immigration bill regardless of what Trump does.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The rats have threatened him with Obstruction of Justice if he does.
The Senate Republicans have threatened to not fill the seat if he fires Sessions.
If Trump does either, he becomes the story again, not them.

I don’t believe for a second that it has a thing to do with immigration.  The Dem’s aren’t going to pass an immigration bill regardless of what Trump does.

Me either, but the big items on his agenda were border security, taxes, and Obamacare.  The budget has become a necessity for a lot of reasons.  Without the 60 in the Senate, he won't get cooperation.  McConnell won't go nuclear.

The article I linked discusses how Trump can fire Muller, then Congress could conceivably pass legislation to reappoint him. That would be comical.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:35:02 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline anubias

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RetBobbyMI

AG or assistant AG.  That’s why the Dems are so afraid of us getting rid of Rosenstein.  When he’s gone, Gowdy or someone like Gowdy, will step in.  Rosenstein is the key.  He MUST go, I think.
AG, unless the AG recuses under the specified reasons.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline anubias

AG, unless the AG recuses under the specified reasons.

Is “asleep” a specified reason?