Author Topic: Poll: Majority say overall happiness affected by person serving as president  (Read 1607 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority say overall happiness affected by person serving as president
By Rebecca Savransky - 02/05/18 12:13 PM EST

A majority of Americans in a new poll say their overall happiness is affected at least "a fair amount" by the person who is serving as president.

A Gallup poll finds 52 percent of Americans say the person serving as president has "a fair amount" or "a great deal" of impact on their overall happiness.

A majority of Americans also say their optimism about the future of the U.S. and their confidence that they can maintain or improve their standard of living is affected at least "a fair amount" by who is serving in the White House.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/372343-poll-majority-says-overall-happiness-affected-at-least-a-fair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Idiots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline montanajoe

Gawd..not only are an majority of Americans idiots but  they need to get a life... :thud:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:13:45 pm by montanajoe »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Idiots.

These are the same people who think the Kardashians are important role models.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Disturbing on many levels. And don't be deluded to think this is just to one side. I see all sides and the middle falling into this.

It is in very, very large part, to how politics have manipulated the individual. 

Your life and happiness should be effected as little by what happens in the halls of federal power as possible. Unfortunately for many (if not most) they have been politically marketed to in a way that it actually is what impacts a majority of their thought and emotional energy.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
These are the same people who think the Kardashians are important role models.

People who attach their entire life to a political figure...and let their entire world revolve around...let emotions rise and fall because of that certain person...are the definition "mental midget".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Which is why I said that this people want a a king and a monarchy who will promise them everything that they desire, which is how you arrive at poll results like this.

I've seen this mindset in my own meatworld sphere - so it's not just a media construct.  Americans see the Presidency as a monarchy and by and large now actually think their happiness and prosperity or misery and poverty are tied to whomever is in the White House.

Such a people want nothing to do with liberty.  They demand freedom without consequences and to have the government force others to pay for those consequences.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Which is why I said that this people want a a king and a monarchy who will promise them everything that they desire, which is how you arrive at poll results like this.

I've seen this mindset in my own meatworld sphere - so it's not just a media construct.  Americans see the Presidency as a monarchy and by and large now actually think their happiness and prosperity or misery and poverty are tied to whomever is in the White House.

Such a people want nothing to do with liberty.  They demand freedom without consequences and to have the government force others to pay for those consequences.

This  ^^^^

Offline anubias

This thread is hilarious!

Offline GrouchoTex

This is sad.
We at TBR take politics more seriously than most, but I would say people here don't derive their well being by what politicians hold whatever office.
I hope not.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Disturbing on many levels. And don't be deluded to think this is just to one side. I see all sides and the middle falling into this.

It is in very, very large part, to how politics have manipulated the individual. 

Your life and happiness should be effected as little by what happens in the halls of federal power as possible. Unfortunately for many (if not most) they have been politically marketed to in a way that it actually is what impacts a majority of their thought and emotional energy.
You would think after eight years of Obama, and his social justice economic micromanagement that has screwed up the ability of so many to earn a living, that it is more than delusion. Our government has too much power.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You would think after eight years of Obama, and his social justice economic micromanagement that has screwed up the ability of so many to earn a living, that it is more than delusion. Our government has too much power.

But this people want to hand government even MORE power, and vestige most of it in the President whom they desire, unwittingly or not - to act as a dictator or monarch to do as they think he ought to do without going through the mess of congress or the courts.

This is why the Left cheered Obama ruling by E.O. and weaponizing the Alphabets - and why the Populists cheer the same for Trump.

Ancient Israel demanded a king - while still paying lip service to God as their Sovereign.

America demands a king, while still paying lip service to the Constitution as Sovereign.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

@INVAR Okay, what is a "meatworld"?

Offline Frank Cannon

This is sad.
We at TBR take politics more seriously than most, but I would say people here don't derive their well being by what politicians hold whatever office.
I hope not.

People on the Right generally dislike govt' so they don;t put a lot of stock in who is elected in DC. People on the Left are another story. It reminds me of a neighbor when I was a kid who had a picture of JFK hanging in their living room. Never understood why someone would bother doing that. Then I figured out that these dopes genuinely thought their life was dictated from DC. I toilet papered their house the next Halloween.

Offline WingNot

Offline ArneFufkin

People on the Right generally dislike govt' so they don;t put a lot of stock in who is elected in DC. People on the Left are another story. It reminds me of a neighbor when I was a kid who had a picture of JFK hanging in their living room. Never understood why someone would bother doing that. Then I figured out that these dopes genuinely thought their life was dictated from DC. I toilet papered their house the next Halloween.

I saw a car in the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul the other day that had a "Wellstone!" bumper sticker.

And, the car was manufactured at least 10 years after his death.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline WingNot

Thanks.  I'm not sure if that's better or worse than I was imagining.

LOL.  That was the safest one google had!   :smokin:

Offline Frank Cannon

I saw a car in the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul the other day that had a "Wellstone!" bumper sticker.

And, the car was manufactured at least 10 years after his death.

I'll bet a dollar it was a Subaru. Option Package 24 gives you a dead Liberal and Coexist bumper stickers along with undercoating.

Offline anubias

Meat world == Real world.

Offline Frank Cannon

Meat world == Real world.

What is this "Meat World" you speak of. Can you give me directions?

Offline mountaineer

Mmm, salami. Nice meat world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A majority of Americans also say their optimism about the future of the U.S. and their confidence that they can maintain or improve their standard of living is affected at least "a fair amount" by who is serving in the White House.

Yet, FDR was elected 4 times.  Go figure.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

Our government has too much power.

Bingo. In the past we didn't much care who was occupying what seat in D.C. Now they force us to care.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR Okay, what is a "meatworld"?

Meatworld = Bulletinboard/forum slang for 'real world' - not online world and online acquaintances.

@RoosGirl
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:37:33 am by INVAR »