Author Topic: McCain, Coons to introduce new immigration bill that omits wall funding: report  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
JFK's death gave birth a whole lotta really really bad laws.
One of the worst came out of Bobby and MLK getting shot--the 1968 Gun Control Act. I recall Dad filling out the order form and putting the check in the envelope (with a 4 cent stamp on it) and getting a rifle back in the mail.... Before the Form 4473 and other stuff. When I think of the Liberty we have lost, it grieves me, and always it falls victim to people who have stated good intentions which seldom are made manifest on the level of the (perhaps) unintended consequences.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
One of the worst came out of Bobby and MLK getting shot--the 1968 Gun Control Act. I recall Dad filling out the order form and putting the check in the envelope (with a 4 cent stamp on it) and getting a rifle back in the mail.... Before the Form 4473 and other stuff. When I think of the Liberty we have lost, it grieves me, and always it falls victim to people who have stated good intentions which seldom are made manifest on the level of the (perhaps) unintended consequences.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and unintended consequences.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

@edpc

Oooops, up there!

Nope, haven't seen him in AZ.

My nephew had the exact brain tumor/cancer a month after McCain.  He is in the Marines, 42 years old.  He was pronounced cancer free before Christmas

I know McCain is much older, but I have my doubts about his expected demise.

Congratulations!

Praise the LORD!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Lets show some respect here.  The man is obviously suffering from chemo brain and also diminished mental function do to the cancer eating away at his brain.

No, lets pass on showing any respect to a back stabbing faux conservative. McCain deserves to be treated as he's treated others. He's lied to conservatives. He's defended big govt at every turn. He surrendered to Obama before his campaign was half over. He deserves the same amount of respect that nancy Pelosi or chuck schumer would get.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No, lets pass on showing any respect to a back stabbing faux conservative. McCain deserves to be treated as he's treated others. He's lied to conservatives. He's defended big govt at every turn. He surrendered to Obama before his campaign was half over. He deserves the same amount of respect that nancy Pelosi or chuck schumer would get.

Go get em tiger! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline anubias

I agree wholeheartedly with the exception that I think he deserves less respect than Pelosi or Schmuckie.  At least they are honest that they are liberals and belong to the Democratic Party.  McCain always pretends to be a Conservative for one year prior to his re-election that has rolled around every six years.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Before anything goes to Congress that supposedly has John McCain's name on it, I think it is completely normal and within the bounds of normal protocol to be able to see and talk with him first.

There is no way to know if McCain is actually doing any of this stuff. It could be coming from his daughter, or his staff, who knows? Congress should not vote on anything while being blind. Either McCain comes out of hiding and verifies that this is his bill, or voting is postponed until he does.

The actual McCain could be in a coma or dead. We just simply do not know.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Photographic evidence disputes McCain-Coons does not provide a border wall and security to watch over it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

@edpc

Oooops, up there!

Nope, haven't seen him in AZ.

My nephew had the exact brain tumor/cancer a month after McCain.  He is in the Marines, 42 years old.  He was pronounced cancer free before Christmas.

I know McCain is much older, but I have my doubts about his expected demise.

John McCain is terminal.  He has aggressive malignant gliobastoma - stage 4 brain cancer. Typically, survival after stage 4 diagnosis is approximately 15 months.  This is the same cancer that eventually killed Teddy Kennedy.  McCain's doctor(s) have also stated that he is terminal.  Yes, there are treatments for this extremely aggressive cancer that can extend life for a short while, but McCain's prognosis is very poor.  He was diagnosed in July, which puts him about 7 months into treatment; he was expected back after Christmas and as far as I know has not returned to the Senate. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2017/09/24/sen-john-mccain-doctors-gave-me-poor-prognosis-brain-cancer-fight-60-minutes/698677001/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/glioblastoma/cdc-20350148
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:02:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and unintended consequences.
I used to think that good intentions were the problem, but now I think those are just a marketing ploy for something darker and a way to get the useful idiots on board. The '68 GCA was a real eye opener, and the Kenyon Ballew raid was the real picture of what the future held.
Now I view everything from the viewpoint of what it will look like when worst abused, and worst case scenario.

It is also why I never bought one of these:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis