Author Topic: Trey Gowdy: FBI concealed Clinton role in Steele dossier  (Read 442 times)

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Trey Gowdy: FBI concealed Clinton role in Steele dossier
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:08:14 am »

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times - Sunday, February 4, 2018

The House’s top investigator on Sunday said the FBI failed to notify a surveillance court that it was relying on material backed by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign when it asked to snoop on a former adviser to the Trump campaign.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, South Carolina Republican, also said judges wouldn’t have authorized and repeatedly renewed a warrant to spy on the former campaign aide, Carter Page, if it hadn’t been for the material in that very dossier, compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele.

(more)
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/4/trey-gowdy-says-fbi-concealed-clinton-role-steele-/
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline anubias

Re: Trey Gowdy: FBI concealed Clinton role in Steele dossier
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:41:34 am »
Thanks for posting the article, Slip18.  You did a great job!

With that said, the author of the piece, Tom Howell Jr, is dishonest.  He claimed that the Republicans voted to reject the Democrat memo as they passed their own.  As someone so graciously pointed out to me here on this forum, the Democrats submitted their memo sight unseen to ensure it would be voted down so that the dishonest media could claim foul.  This lie throws the rest of the article in doubt, imo.

The media is going to keep repeating Democrat lies until it becomes truth.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:48:06 am »
Thanks for posting the article, Slip18.  You did a great job!

With that said, the author of the piece, Tom Howell Jr, is dishonest.  He claimed that the Republicans voted to reject the Democrat memo as they passed their own.  As someone so graciously pointed out to me here on this forum, the Democrats submitted their memo sight unseen to ensure it would be voted down so that the dishonest media could claim foul.  This lie throws the rest of the article in doubt, imo.

The media is going to keep repeating Democrat lies until it becomes truth.

Thank you!

I am still learning.  I do try to find articles of interest, even though the author might be a little deceptive.  Makes for good argument, I think.

And you made a darned good one!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:13:43 am »
Thank you!

I am still learning.  I do try to find articles of interest, even though the author might be a little deceptive.  Makes for good argument, I think.

And you made a darned good one!

Thank you as well.  You did great.  We post articles here of all persuasions.  How else will we learn?  You truly made a great posting and I appreciate it.  :)