Author Topic: Rep. Glenn Grothman willing to shut down government again rather than accept quick immigration compr  (Read 471 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Rep. Glenn Grothman willing to shut down government again rather than accept quick immigration compromise

Excerpt:

Grothman told the Post reporter that he felt "no pressure" to cut a deal on immigration before the Feb. 8 deadline or the expiration of DACA in March. Grothman said there was overwhelming support in his district for hard-line immigration policies.

"I think there's some sympathy for people who were brought here, but overall I think their overall anger is at the politicians who let this thing go on so long," he said.

The 6th Congressional District is in east-central Wisconsin and extends from Portage and Green Lake east to Manitowoc and Port Washington.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2018/01/27/rep-glenn-grothman-willing-shut-down-government-again-rather-than-accept-quick-immigration-compromis/1072229001/

Telling it like it is.  People are angry.  Fed up!  Feb 8 just 4 days away.  No mention of looming deadline for government funding.  FISA memo huge distraction from the looming deadline  facing Congress.  I don’t forget and I am with Rep. Grothman on this.  It will not go quietly while all the attention is diverted to  FBI and FISA.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline anubias

He’s right about one thing.  People are indeed angry.  The Dems made their feelings readily apparent to people at the SOTU.  They will lose on this issue.