Author Topic: FBI’s Wray Makes Clear McCabe’s Retirement Tied To IG’s Clinton Report  (Read 342 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
FBI Director Chris Wray made clear in a message sent to all bureau employees on Monday night that Deputy Director Andrew McCabe's decision to step aside was a result of forthcoming information to be detailed in an inspector general report, according to a copy of his message obtained by NBC News.

Wray alluded to having seen aspects of the IG's report into the way the FBI handled the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private e-mail server.

"It would be inappropriate for me to comment on specific aspects of the IG's review right now," Wray said in the message. "But I can assure you that I remain staunchly committed to doing this job, in every respect, 'by the book.' I will not be swayed by political or other pressure in my decision making."

In the next paragraph, Wray explained that McCabe had submitted his intention to retire, suggesting a connection between the findings of the IG report and McCabe's decision.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-s-wray-makes-clear-mccabe-s-retirement-tied-ig-n842671
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:38:21 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.