Author Topic: James Clapper knows nothing about the FBI’s Collusion Probe. So Why Does He Keep Pretending Otherwi  (Read 752 times)

Offline anubias

James Clapper knows nothing about the FBI’s Collusion Probe.  So Why Does He Keep Pretending Otherwise?

JASON BEALE
Jan 8, 2018
The Federalist.

Very long article.  Worth the read.  Details how Clapper is FOS with dates.

<snip>

Here’s What’s News In All of This
There is news here: James Clapper knows nothing about the origin or status of the FBI investigation into collusion with Russia. What he does know is that the only information contained in the Steele dossier that the FBI corroborated by mid-January 2017 was a two-sentence declaration that Putin hated Hillary and wanted Trump to win. That’s news.

What he actually knows is of little use to an interviewer looking only for validation of information outside Clapper’s purview.
The FBI received the first part of the dossier in July, asked for and received all additional information Steele had in August, applied for and were granted a FISA warrant on Page in September, flew out to meet with Steele in London in October, completed and published the ICA in December/January, and first questioned George Papadopoulos on his Russian connections in January.

According to the director of national intelligence in office during this time, during the collaborative compilation of intelligence and analysis undertaken to produce the ICA in January, the FBI made it clear to him that they were as yet unable to verify “second- and third-order sourcing” of any information in the Steele dossier except for the two lines describing Putin’s hatred for Clinton, and thus included none of that information in the ICA.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/08/james-clapper-knows-nothing-fbis-trump-investigation-pretending-otherwise/

Offline DB

James Clapper is lying political hack.

Oceander

Actually, Papadopoulos was originally questioned about Russian connections back in 2013; he has a known history of being closer to Russian agents than is good for him, which was known long before the Steele dossier. 

Offline DB

Actually, Papadopoulos was originally questioned about Russian connections back in 2013; he has a known history of being closer to Russian agents than is good for him, which was known long before the Steele dossier.

Yes. And I wonder who's idea it was to bring him into the Trump campaign. He is what gave the DOJ cover to spy on Trump's campaign in the first place. Something which they very much wanted and excuse to do. Was he referred to the campaign by people in the know with this in mind?

Oceander

Yes. And I wonder who's idea it was to bring him into the Trump campaign. He is what gave the DOJ cover to spy on Trump's campaign in the first place. Something which they very much wanted and excuse to do. Was he referred to the campaign by people in the know with this in mind?

Are you kidding me? 

Offline skeeter

This administration's brand is non-political, business deal minded. On one hand, it has worked great in terms of real policy. On the downside, clearly it allowed a few less savory hucksters into the inner circle which gave the dims a chance to trot out their corruption/Russia narrative. Trump, to his credit, seemed to have dumped these types as soon as he was made aware of them.

Whats ridiculous is many of these people also had indirect ties to Clinton's camp.

While we shouldn't excuse Trump for allowing these clowns to get as close as they did, neither should we pretend the current investigation is anything more than a political witch hunt intended to win by other means what they couldn't win in the election.

Offline anubias

It is not illegal to have connections to Russia providing one isn’t a foreign agent AND supplying the Russians with secret information.

There was much money to be made off Russians.  The O Admin let it be known that they would be monitoring communications of anyone in the US communicating with them.  For those that did not want their email, calls, texts, and God knows what monitored by the O alphabets, the decision to drop some of their most lucrative customers had to be made.  Frankly, it was and is ridiculous.  I have first hand experience with the insanity.

Also, it was Carter Page that they were monitoring in 2013 and did not find anything on him.  They had no valid reason to monitor him again other than they wanted info on the Trump campaign.

Oceander

It is not illegal to have connections to Russia providing one isn’t a foreign agent AND supplying the Russians with secret information.

There was much money to be made off Russians.  The O Admin let it be known that they would be monitoring communications of anyone in the US communicating with them.  For those that did not want their email, calls, texts, and God knows what monitored by the O alphabets, the decision to drop some of their most lucrative customers had to be made.  Frankly, it was and is ridiculous.  I have first hand experience with the insanity.

Also, it was Carter Page that they were monitoring in 2013 and did not find anything on him.  They had no valid reason to monitor him again other than they wanted info on the Trump campaign.

It’s illegal to act as an agent of a foreign principal without registering.  Doesn’t require that the agent provide the principal with secret information.

Offline anubias

It’s illegal to act as an agent of a foreign principal without registering.  Doesn’t require that the agent provide the principal with secret information.

Only if working in a political capacity.  Selling stuff or energy consulting is not political.

Offline jpsb

You are confusing Papadopoulos with Charter Page.

Oceander

Only if working in a political capacity.  Selling stuff or energy consulting is not political.

True enough.  Manafort was political.  Somehow he just forgot to register. 

Offline anubias

True enough.  Manafort was political.  Somehow he just forgot to register.

I don’t know much about Manafort, but Carter Page is who the memo was about.  They used him to get to Trump.

From what I understand (from Dan Bongino?) but I do not know to be fact, the O Admin and H campaign were sending in Russians to contact the Trump campaign folks trying to catch them to get dirt for the campaign.  They were unable to get that dirt.  Then Trump won.  The “insurance” was put into play.  They had to get a special counsel involved to tie Trump up or get him quickly impeached so that they did not get caught spying.

The actual Russian collusion was ther Hillary campaign and not Trump.

We’ll see, I guess.  I hope this does not turn into yet another one of those fiascos that we never find out what actually happened.

Oceander

Please, please, please can we stop pretending that Trump is some innocent naif who did nothing wrong or even stupid?

I don’t believe Trump committed a crime, and as long as he doesn’t play coverup he should be fine, and I do believe the investigation is politically motivated, but I think it’s demonstrably clear that Trump was sloppy and he and his campaign staff made some very dumb decisions that gave the democrats the very slender reed they needed to get this investigation moving.  And that included playing cutesy with Russians peddling inside info on the DNC and the Clinton campaign.   

Hopefully this will ultimately lead to a major cleanup/cleanout of the agencies, but in the meantime, the infection must run its course. 

Offline anubias

Please, please, please can we stop pretending that Trump is some innocent naif who did nothing wrong or even stupid?

I don’t believe Trump committed a crime, and as long as he doesn’t play coverup he should be fine, and I do believe the investigation is politically motivated, but I think it’s demonstrably clear that Trump was sloppy and he and his campaign staff made some very dumb decisions that gave the democrats the very slender reed they needed to get this investigation moving.  And that included playing cutesy with Russians peddling inside info on the DNC and the Clinton campaign.   

Hopefully this will ultimately lead to a major cleanup/cleanout of the agencies, but in the meantime, the infection must run its course.

If that was the case, they would have already nailed him.

Oceander

If that was the case, they would have already nailed him.

For what?  Being stupid?

His stupidity gave them the reasonable suspicion which was all they needed to get the investigation going.  Now it all has to play out. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:04:10 am by Oceander »

Offline anubias

For what?  Being stupid?

His stupidity gave them the reasonable suspicion which was all they needed to get the investigation going.  Now it all has to play out.

That is complete and utter BS.  Pray tell, what was his stupidity that gave them reasonable suspicion to file a FISA warrant on him?

@Oceander