Author Topic: Dick Durbin: It's unlikely we'll reach a DACA deal, but 'I don't see a government shutdown coming'  (Read 441 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dick Durbin: It's unlikely we'll reach a DACA deal, but 'I don't see a government shutdown coming'
by Josh Siegel | Feb 4, 2018, 9:48 AM

Sen. Dick Durbin said Sunday senators are unlikely to reach an immigration deal before government funding expires later this week, and there won’t be another partial government shutdown over the issue.

“There is not likely to be a DACA deal, though we're working every single day on telephone calls and person to person to try to reach this bipartisan agreement,” said Durbin, D-Ill., the second-ranked Democrat, in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union." "I don't see a government shutdown coming.”

Durbin said he is encouraged about negotiations occurring between moderate Democrats and Republicans to reach an immigration deal that would protect immigrants who were brought illegally to the U.S. as children and covered by former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dick-durbin-its-unlikely-well-reach-a-daca-deal-but-i-dont-see-a-government-shutdown-coming/article/2648052
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

...and the SCOTUS should be deciding shortly as to whether or not they are going to rule on DACA as well.  If they take it up and rule; both sides will be exonerated for any blame.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34