Author Topic: Comey in Trouble, Lawyer Moves to Have Him Disbarred  (Read 769 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Comey in Trouble, Lawyer Moves to Have Him Disbarred
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:53:51 pm »

Conservative Tribune
BY BENJAMIN ARIE
FEBRUARY 3, 2018 AT 5:40PM

At what point do public officials need to face professional consequences for their abuses of power?

That’s what an attorney in Maryland is asking, and posing serious questions about former FBI Director James Comey’s credentials as a lawyer in the wake of this week’s memo scandal.

According to The Washington Times, Ty Clevenger has filed a formal grievance to disbar Comey in New York, where the now scandal-plagued ex-director is licensed by the state bar to practice law.

In light of growing evidence that Comey and much of the FBI set out to exonerate Hillary Clinton and undermine Donald Trump based on political bias, Clevenger is claiming that the former FBI chief was dishonest to Congress about the Clinton email investigation.

“Mr. Clevenger said Mr. Comey’s testimony to Congress that he did not predetermine the outcome of the FBI’s probe into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is belied by revelations this week that he in fact started drafting an exoneration months before even speaking with Mrs. Clinton,” The Washington Times reported.

(more)
https://conservativetribune.com/comey-attorney-disbar
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Comey in Trouble, Lawyer Moves to Have Him Disbarred
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:55:42 pm »
Paging @Oceander

Any chance this could be successful?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:56:25 pm »
Unfortunately, such complaints won’t go anywhere.  And that’s not because I believe they shouldn’t, but because the bar disciplinary committees are generally extremely deferential to prosecutors and other government attorneys.

One can always hope, of course, some long as one keeps in mind that such hope is mostly pointless.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »
Unfortunately, such complaints won’t go anywhere.  And that’s not because I believe they shouldn’t, but because the bar disciplinary committees are generally extremely deferential to prosecutors and other government attorneys.

One can always hope, of course, some long as one keeps in mind that such hope is mostly pointless.
that's why I never bothered to file a complaint.   Lawyer protect their own

I have fired em tho.  A starving lawyer is a good thing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 05:01:08 pm »
Paging @Oceander

Any chance this could be successful?

Almost none, unfortunately.  Google on Jabbar Collins to see what Brooklyn ADA Michael Vecchione did to him; then realize that the NY disciplinary committee refused to do anything to discipline Vecchione for what he did. 

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:02:04 pm »
that's why I never bothered to file a complaint.   Lawyer protect their own

I have fired em tho.  A starving lawyer is a good thing.

Not private practice attorneys. They get into trouble all the time.  The weak spot is for government attorneys. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »
Almost none, unfortunately.  Google on Jabbar Collins to see what Brooklyn ADA Michael Vecchione did to him; then realize that the NY disciplinary committee refused to do anything to discipline Vecchione for what he did.

Kinda what I thought.  Thanks.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 05:29:27 pm »
Now there's a surprise, government lawyers have their own Praetorian Guard Thin Red Lines - NOT!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775