Author Topic: Chris Stewart: House Intel released memo to inform public on FBI abuses, not to exonerate Trump  (Read 8967 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Because after the umpteenth time of being ridiculed as a never-trumper simply because one criticized Trump, it becomes evident that not even God himself could cause someone like you to acknowledge even the slightest flaw in Mr. Trump, and so what’s the point of presenting an argument to someone who will not only not consider it, but simply treat it as another reason for denigrating one as a butt-hurt never-trumper.

It’s impossible to have a discussion with someone who believes Trump is infallible and that any criticism of him is just political skullduggery. 

You made that bed, stop complaining about having to sleep in it.

I've never said he's infallible.   I've actually stated the opposite numerous times.  I'm sure you've seen the posts.

I'd say nice try but it wasnt.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

No thanks on giving it a rest.  I won't be silenced, and my apologies if I wasn't clear.  My point is that I want to get to the bottom of this.  I hope everyone does, but how do we get to the bottom of this in a non-partisan way?  I want to get on with doing that, and I think the first step is a truly independent non-partisan review which looks at the facts (e.g., actual FISA application):  summaries available to the public won’t cut it so I say let’s get on with it.   

There are a plethora of folks who could be calling for that besides the President:  Sessions and members of Congress (probably the adults in the Senate) come to mind.  Why aren't they screaming for this?  I think because they are too focused on making political hay out of this and not focused on actual justice and fact.  Sad.

Our nation needs justice.  Our Republic is starving for it.  We've already waited years, that's long enough.   Time for a prosecutor and criminal charges.

The charge the dems who knew what was happening and did everything to block it with obstruction and conspiracy in many cases.

A Dem congressman from CA stated Tucker Carlson was commuting treason by talking about the memo.   That's a big deal on many levels.

Oceander

Our nation needs justice.  Our Republic is starving for it.  We've already waited years, that's long enough.   Time for a prosecutor and criminal charges.

The charge the dems who knew what was happening and did everything to block it with obstruction and conspiracy in many cases.

A Dem congressman from CA stated Tucker Carlson was commuting treason by talking about the memo.   That's a big deal on many levels.

So why isn’t Trump taking any of these steps?

Offline Concerned

:thumbsup:

We're in complete agreement, but who's going to fully investigate and prosecute?  If you believe those on the right, much of the DOJ and FBI are corrupt so they can't do it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No thanks on giving it a rest.  I won't be silenced, and my apologies if I wasn't clear.  My point is that I want to get to the bottom of this.  I hope everyone does, but how do we get to the bottom of this in a non-partisan way?  I want to get on with doing that, and I think the first step is a truly independent non-partisan review which looks at the facts (e.g., actual FISA application):  summaries available to the public won’t cut it so I say let’s get on with it.   

There are a plethora of folks who could be calling for that besides the President:  Sessions and members of Congress (probably the adults in the Senate) come to mind.  Why aren't they screaming for this?  I think because they are too focused on making political hay out of this and not focused on actual justice and fact.  Sad.

hear! hear!

WE THE PEOPLE.

Grand juries formed in every region, or every state. Given all the salient documents in full.

There is no one in DC, or implicitly connected, that wants justice to be done here. It is ALL political hay. Aggrandizement. He she it are more corrupt and meaner that I we.

What we really need here is a "mass killing" or "terrorist" attack to make your average joe fear for their personal safety and leave all this same old s poltical hit same old shit be sooo yesterday.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline driftdiver

So why isn’t Trump taking any of these steps?

Maybe because people like you would attack him viciously. 

Oceander

Maybe because people like you would attack him viciously. 

And that proves my point precisely.  Thanks for demonstrating why you don’t deserve reasoned argument; because all you can do is insult. 

Offline Fantom

Conspiring with hackers to obtain emails illegally is a crime, and by talking with Russians offering to provide the same, without turning the matter over to the police, the Trump administration raised enough of a basis for a suspicion that there might be something illegal going on. 

My God man, can you stop worshipping another living human being as a saint long enough to realize that he did this to himself?  I know you have your entire ego bound up in the rightness of Donald Trump, but please, have some self-respect.

Last first as is my won't.

You are talking to a Cruz man. Hardly a Trump worshiper ,I have though, come to greatly admire him. His deeds and , quite frankly honoring his promises more than any other Pol in my lifetime have won the man that respect.

So can we lay that false canard...that Trump worship straw man aside?

There has been no proof of what you alleged... in over a year. Even with the cooperation from the Trump Administration. Do you wish to know how crooks act, they "Don't remember... 100's of times over and over", they obstruct and delay like the obama regime.

They get FISA warrants based on fictitious accounts from a Brit spy in conjunction with Russian spys, paid for by DNC/Hillary campaign and used by the obama regime to attack his political opposition with the apparatus of the State.

This is what the real threat is... the real crimes.

And sounding like Dick Durban is not going to change those facts.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Concerned

hear! hear!

WE THE PEOPLE.

Grand juries formed in every region, or every state. Given all the salient documents in full.

There is no one in DC, or implicitly connected, that wants justice to be done here. It is ALL political hay. Aggrandizement. He she it are more corrupt and meaner that I we.

What we really need here is a "mass killing" or "terrorist" attack to make your average joe fear for their personal safety and leave all this same old s poltical hit same old shit be sooo yesterday.

@bigheadfred

:beer:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline mrclose

Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah, said on “Fox News Sunday” Trump was mistaken when he tweeted Saturday that the memo “totally vindicates ‘Trump’” in the Russia probe.

This memo has frankly nothing at all to do with a special counsel.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chris-stewart-house-intel-released-memo-to-inform-public-on-fbi-abuses-not-to-exonerate-trump/article/2648053
@mystery-ak

NONSENSE!

First: Why does Gowdy think that directly contradicting what Trump said (memo discredits the investigation) a good thing?

Can anyone remember a time when Obama said something and any Democrat contradicted what he said?

There are seven or eight so called republicans who side with Gowdy such as Lindsey Graham .. why is that?

Two:
Tom Fitton
‏Verified account @TomFitton

3h3 hours ago

Mueller using Clinton/DNC dossier, which is the fraudulent center of the Russia collusion allegations against @realDonaldTrump. Don't be fooled by the spin the Memo has nothing to do with Mueller investigation. Shut it down!

Tom Fitton is the head guy from Judicial Watch!

The guy who has been doing the job Congress (Republicans) should have been doing for years!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:24:56 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Oceander

NONSENSE![/size]

First: Why does Gowdy think that directly contradicting what Trump said (memo discredits the investigation) a good thing?

Can anyone remember a time when Obama said something and any Democrat contradicted what he said?

There are seven or eight so called republicans who side with Gowdy such as Lindsey Graham .. why is that?

Two:
Tom Fitton is the head guy from Judicial Watch!

The guy who has been doing the job Congress (Republicans) should have been doing for years!

Gowdy’s contradicting Trump is neither here nor there and certainly doesn’t prove Trump was correct.  And the Steele dossier is not the sole basis on which Mueller’s investigation was started, so undercutting the dossier does not delegitimize the investigation.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A Dem congressman from CA stated Tucker Carlson was commuting treason by talking about the memo.  That's a big deal on many levels.

It's a big deal if you really hate when people abuse definitions, like when people use Hitler and Nazi as references to anything they don't like.  Other than that, it's just typical of leftists saying dumb things, like when Chris Cuomo said the state tax deduction elimination was modern day treason.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:29:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jpsb

If you don’t like Trump being criticized, why don’t you go post at FR? 

I got zotted there for being anti-Trump, lol.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Because after the umpteenth time of being ridiculed as a never-trumper simply because one criticized Trump, it becomes evident that not even God himself could cause someone like you to acknowledge even the slightest flaw in Mr. Trump, and so what’s the point of presenting an argument to someone who will not only not consider it, but simply treat it as another reason for denigrating one as a butt-hurt never-trumper.

It’s impossible to have a discussion with someone who believes Trump is infallible and that any criticism of him is just political skullduggery. 

You made that bed, stop complaining about having to sleep in it.

Wow.  A lawyer who cannot read nor comprehend.  I always suspected something like that. 

You are a person who cannot allow reason to seep into your brain because it would destroy your meme of accusing every person who defends or agrees with Trump on any issue as being a worshipper.

I'm tired of you, and I'm tired of trying to explain things to you because I've told you at least 3 times on this very thread that I'm not a Trump worshipper.

I am, however, a sane person in contrast with you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mrclose

Gowdy’s contradicting Trump is neither here nor there and certainly doesn’t prove Trump was correct.  And the Steele dossier is not the sole basis on which Mueller’s investigation was started, so undercutting the dossier does not delegitimize the investigation.

Sorry, I think that I will go along with Fitton on this plus as any honest person would admit ... the Dossier was The Driving Force behind opening the investigation!
If you don't believe it ... Go and argue the case with Fitton, Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz!

I'm sure that they will argue laws and procedures with someone such as yourself!
~ Self

Oceander

Sorry, I think that I will go along with Fitton on this plus as any honest person would admit ... the Dossier was The Driving Force behind opening the investigation!
If you don't believe it ... Go and argue the case with Fitton, Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz!

I'm sure that they will argue laws and procedures with someone such as yourself!

Believe what you want; that doesn’t change the fact that there were other things going on with the Trump campaign that suffice to form a basis for the investigation, and these facts are independent of that dossier. 

Offline driftdiver

And that proves my point precisely.  Thanks for demonstrating why you don’t deserve reasoned argument; because all you can do is insult.

After you've thrown insult after insult now you run away?

What a piker

Oceander

Wow.  A lawyer who cannot read nor comprehend.  I always suspected something like that. 

You are a person who cannot allow reason to seep into your brain because it would destroy your meme of accusing every person who defends or agrees with Trump on any issue as being a worshipper.

I'm tired of you, and I'm tired of trying to explain things to you because I've told you at least 3 times on this very thread that I'm not a Trump worshipper.

I am, however, a sane person in contrast with you.

And yet, somehow, you simply cannot bring yourself to ever criticize Trump, and you hound anyone else who does as a never-Trumper. 

Whatever.  Your sense of sanity is highly overrated. 

Oceander

After you've thrown insult after insult now you run away?

What a piker

Nobody’s running away.  I’m simply pointing out that all you do is insult, so you have no ground for being surprised that we’ve given up on you and simply feed back to you what you sling out.

And here’s the stupidest thing of all:  I agree with you inasmuch as I don’t think Trump broke the law, and I do think the investigation is politically motivated, and I do think that what the DOJ and FBI did was wrong and politically motivated; all I really differ with you on is that I think that Trump and his campaign did some stupid albeit innocent things that laid the groundwork that made it possible for the democrats to get their special counsel and their investigation.  You simply won’t brook the idea that Trump could ever do anything wrong, whether criminal or not. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:45:18 pm by Oceander »

Offline ConstitutionRose

On this point, you and I absolutely agree.  So far Mueller has charged no one with a crime other than lying.  If these gentlemen had been forthcoming, it is entirely possible that they would not have been charged at all.  If Mueller had any evidence they had committed a real crime, it seems he would have charged them with that.  Even if he had to wait a bit to get the goods on them. 

I personally think there is nothing there.

Thanks for the info on Manafort.  I missed or forgot all of that.  Took them a long time to go after him.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who knows?   That’s why they’re investigating.  Duh. If we knew what crimes he had committed, they’d be prosecuting, not investigating.  Duh.

@Oceander

So fishing expeditions are ok with you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

Nobody’s running away.  I’m simply pointing out that all you do is insult, so you have no ground for being surprised that we’ve given up on you and simply feed back to you what you sling out.

Funny coming from a guy who throws insults with every post.

Btw nothing in my post was an insult.   If the truth hurts maybe you should look at your behavior.

Offline mrclose

Believe what you want; that doesn’t change the fact that there were other things going on with the Trump campaign that suffice to form a basis for the investigation, and these facts are independent of that dossier.

You want to show us all the other things that happened during the campaign and .... before you spew the Democrats talking points ... show us the other things that were uncovered without the use of the Phony Dossier, FISA wire-tapping warrant!?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:48:35 pm by mrclose »
~ Self

Oceander

@Oceander

So fishing expeditions are ok with you?

When you’ve seeded the water with fish, what else would you expect?  Trump and his campaign did some rather stupid things that laid the basis for the investigation.  They have no one to blame but themselves.   Nobody tricked them into talking to a Russian claiming he had illicit emails from Clinton and the DNC?  Why didn’t the campaign simply turn that contact over to the police the first chance they got?  You meet in secret with people peddling stolen goods, and you can’t be too surprised if your political opponents use that as the basis for convincing the cops to investigate you for possession of stolen property. 

Oceander

You want to show us all the other things that happened during the campaign and .... before you spew the Democrats talking points ... show us the other things that were uncovered without the use of the Phony Dossier, FISA wire-tapping warrant!?

Papadopoulos being investigated in 2013 for possibly trying to become a Russian agent, and then hiring him as an adviser and having him get back in touch with dodgy Russian contacts. 

None of that is a fabrication from the Steele dossier.