Author Topic: Chicago police teaming up with feds once more to fight shocking rise in violent carjackings  (Read 278 times)

rangerrebew

Chicago police teaming up with feds once more to fight shocking rise in violent carjackings

By Robert Gearty

Published February 04, 2018
FoxNews.com

Chicago cops are calling in the feds—again--to help combat violent carjackings that have reached record levels in the city.

Police announced at a news conference Sunday that they are teaming up with federal authorities, including agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to deal with the problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/04/chicago-police-teaming-up-with-feds-once-more-to-fight-shocking-rise-in-violent-carjackings.html

Offline Applewood

Another waste of taxpayer dollars.  I am curious though how these crimes can be prosecuted in federal court unless maybe the vehicle is taken across state lines.  I don't see where the federal courts would have jurisdiction. 

I don't care how many feds, state and local authorities get involved, things aren't going to change.  The overall culture has to change and with "leaders" like the reverends Jackson and Sharpton around, nothing will change.