Author Topic: The 'Constitutional Crisis' the Fourth Estate Birthed By Clarice Feldman  (Read 473 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
February 4, 2018
The 'Constitutional Crisis' the Fourth Estate Birthed
By Clarice Feldman

As the “Russian Collusion” story disintegrates, it takes with it any reason to rely on the Fourth Estate, which in large part assisted in Obama administration wrongdoing. It has proven to be a handmaiden of those who concocted a big lie to bring down a political opponent.  As Josephus said of Haman -- Antiq., 50:2, c. 6,) “without a remark upon the almighty power, and admirable justice of the wisdom of God; not only in bringing Haman to his deserved punishment, but in trapping him in the very snare which he had laid for another, and turning a malicious invention upon the head of the inventor.” This time, it’s not only Haman -- the FBI and DOJ officials involved in lying to the FISC and unmasking what they learned -- but their hangers-on in the press that are trapped as well.

1. Prelude to the Devin Nunes Memo’s Release

As she so often does, Kimberley Strassel nailed it:

Kimberley Strassel‏Verified account @KimStrassel

1) I've covered politics a long time. I've never -- never -- seen anything approaching the desperations Ds have to keep this memo quiet. And as we know that worry about law enforcement (Snowden/Manning) is not their biggest worry, this memo must be damning to the core.

2) Have been in journalism all my life. Have never -- never -- seen the press corps fight so hard against transparency. Same media that after election wondered if it was out of touch with avg Americans, now ignoring the legit worries so many have about govt. accountability.

3) Every journo should be asked if they'd be fighting this hard against disclosure if it was a Bush DOJ/FBI accused of wiretapping abuses. Of course not. They'd be leading the charge to put it all out. 4th estate is supposed to enlighten the people. Not cover for govt. officials

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/the_constitutional_crisis_the_fourth_estate_birthed.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: The 'Constitutional Crisis' the Fourth Estate Birthed By Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:39 am »
Laid out perfectly as usual, by Ms. Feldman.   Great read! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:43:53 pm »
This to me is the most alarming fact to emerge from the election of Donald Trump and the subsequent shameless, feckless media behavior.

The effect of this, he concludes, is to keep the public seriously in the dark about what shocking things have occurred -- something to remember when some of your friends and family seem to be on a different planet than you are:

Democrat obfuscation is par for our two party politics. But when News organizations join the fray, truth dies and the nation is put at risk of disintegration: friendships, families, coworkers, neighbors become “the enemy.”
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:48:57 pm by aligncare »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:12:46 pm »
This to me is the most alarming fact to emerge from the election of Donald Trump and the subsequent shameless, feckless media behavior.

Democrat obfuscation is par for our two party politics. But when News organizations join the fray, truth dies and the nation is put at risk of disintegration: friendships, families, coworkers, neighbors become “the enemy.”

@aligncare

Buddy....I'm freaking out this morning, looking at the headlines from the NYT and WP and CNN, all claiming the GOP is at war with law enforcement.

It's a GD good thing...for me....that I'm going on 72 and not 32.    A younger DCP would never put up with this.