Author Topic: Congressman Used 67 Seconds to Explain Intelligence Memo  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Congressman Used 67 Seconds to Explain Intelligence Memo
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:01:49 pm »
Congressman Used 67 Seconds to Explain Intelligence Memo
VICTORIA TAFT | FEB 2, 2018 | 1:56 PM

"Well, Harris, we now know the facts of what happened. The Democratic Party hired the Perkins [Coie] law firm. The Perkins law firm hired Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS hired Christopher Steele to go and dig up the dossier, and then they hired Nelly Ohr, the wife of Bruce Ohr to get the fake dossier from a political environment into the bloodstream of the intelligence community and to convert it into an intelligence document.

"And what’s most outrageous to me is that this fake dossier was so unreliable that the way that it was validated to the FISA Court was a Yahoo News article written by Michael Isikoff, planted by Christopher Steele."

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/2018/02/1060364-congressman-used-67-seconds-explain-intelligence-memo-jaw-dropper/
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Congressman Used 67 Seconds to Explain Intelligence Memo
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:09:37 pm »
And some would have us believe there is nothing wrong with this.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:10:50 pm »
And some would have us believe there is nothing wrong with this.

Amazing what a school of law can do to a previously functioning brain!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:13:02 pm »
Nobody here is saying there is nothing wrong with this. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:21:45 pm »
"Well, Harris, we now know the facts of what happened. The Democratic Party hired the Perkins [Coie] law firm. The Perkins law firm hired Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS hired Christopher Steele to go and dig up the dossier, and then they hired Nelly Ohr, the wife of Bruce Ohr to get the fake dossier from a political environment into the bloodstream of the intelligence community and to convert it into an intelligence document.

"And what’s most outrageous to me is that this fake dossier was so unreliable that the way that it was validated to the FISA Court was a Yahoo News article written by Michael Isikoff, planted by Christopher Steele."

short and sweet..nailed it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 08:32:13 pm »
short and sweet..nailed it!

I saw this last night in my readings.  Even I could understand it!  So I thought to bring it over here, even though it was day old news.  This Intelligence Memo was so convoluted.  Sheeesh!  And more to come.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:14 pm »
Gaetz left out a couple memo tidbits that are a little inconvenient.  The memo says McCabe testified there would be no FISA warrant application without the dossier.  This morning Rep. Stewart of UT admitted to Chris Wallace that's not a direct quote.  The memo concludes by saying the investigation was initiated by the actions of George Popadopulous.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:51:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 09:30:24 pm »
Gaetz left out a couple memo tidbits that are a little inconvenient.  The memo says McCabe testified there would be no FISA warrant application without the dossier.  This morning Rep. Stewart of UT admitted to Chris Wallace that's not a direct quote.  The memo concludes by saying the investigation was initiated by the actions of George Popadopulous.

What "initiated" the investigation and what convinced a FISA Court judge to approve the surveillance of Carter Page are two very different things.   

Remember, the first FISA application was denied in the Summer of 2016.  It wasn't until the Steele-invented Dossier was brought into the application - using supposedly corroborating media accounts by Issifkoff at Yahoo News PLANTED by Steele himeslf - that the second warrant and two subsequent warrants were approved.

I really am not getting your approach here.   Are you defending this scandalous misconduct?

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 09:41:26 pm »
What "initiated" the investigation and what convinced a FISA Court judge to approve the surveillance of Carter Page are two very different things.   

Remember, the first FISA application was denied in the Summer of 2016.  It wasn't until the Steele-invented Dossier was brought into the application - using supposedly corroborating media accounts by Issifkoff at Yahoo News PLANTED by Steele himeslf - that the second warrant and two subsequent warrants were approved.

I really am not getting your approach here.  Are you defending this scandalous misconduct?

My 'approach' is the information I cited all came from the Nunes memo.  Gaetz can't properly summarize it by leaving key portions out.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 09:45:10 pm »
Rep. Gaetz does a great job here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 10:14:40 pm »

My 'approach' is the information I cited all came from the Nunes memo.  Gaetz can't properly summarize it by leaving key portions out.

I don't understand your "key portion".

What prompts an investigation among our various intelligence and LEO institutions - they have TENS of THOUSANDS of them underway as we write - and what raises it to the level of authorizing the surveillance of an American citizen by a FISC Court under FISA are very, very different.

I want to see the FISA warrant applications.  Release EVERYTHING underpinning the "memo" and the scandalous fraud that it revealed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 10:23:24 pm »

What prompts an investigation among our various intelligence and LEO institutions - they have TENS of THOUSANDS of them underway as we write - and what raises it to the level of authorizing the surveillance of an American citizen by a FISC Court under FISA are very, very different.

I want to see the FISA warrant applications.  Release EVERYTHING underpinning the "memo" and the scandalous fraud that it revealed.

This is why memos that summarize legal actions are so rare.  Arguments invariably break out over what got included and what did not, with all sides justifying their positions on something that was allegedly left out.  I say, "allegedly" because if something is left out, how can someone not privy to the whole package prove it if it's not there?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 10:29:52 pm »
This is why memos that summarize legal actions are so rare.  Arguments invariably break out over what got included and what did not, with all sides justifying their positions on something that was allegedly left out.  I say, "allegedly" because if something is left out, how can someone not privy to the whole package prove it if it's not there?

Agreed, CL.  I advocate declassifying and releasing the raw FISA applications.

If the conclusions in this memo - drawn from the raw intel - are hooey, let's release the raw intel and let the usual perps reveal it as hooey.   

There are no "sources and methods" to be compromised except for those who were engaged in anti-Trump, anti-American sedition.   That's MY wager.  So, this is just more deflection and media-enabled subterfuge by increasingly desperate political criminals.

#ReleasetheIntel   :laugh:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:39:56 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:14 pm »
I advocate declassifying and releasing the raw FISA applications.

I don't see a problem with this since it was partially based on a Yahoo News article.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:46 pm »

If everything is about the dossier, then the key portion would be McCabe saying there is no FISA warrant application without the dossier. It's not surprising Gaetz would leave that out, since it is not a direct quote of what was said.

You can forget about seeing the application in this lifetime. It would necessarily reveal sources and methods, which is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:02 pm »

If everything is about the dossier, then the key portion would be McCabe saying there is no FISA warrant application without the dossier. It's not surprising Gaetz would leave that out, since it is not a direct quote of what was said.

You can forget about seeing the application in this lifetime. It would necessarily reveal sources and methods, which is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Oh, really?  McCabe "didn't" testify to that?

STEWART: That may not have been his exact phrase, but I assure you I was there, I was part of the questioning, I promise you that the intent of his answers was that we would not have gone forward were it not for this dossier.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/02/04/reps-stewart-and-swalwell-debate-significance-nunes-memo.html

Get outta here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:47:27 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 11:09:08 pm »
I don't see a problem with this since it was partially based on a Yahoo News article.

Isikoff himself was amazed that his Yahoo article was used in the FISA application - since he got it from Steele.

Fusion GPS was shopping the lie around to various news outlets - under the direction of Hillary's dirty lawyers at Perkins Coie and scumbag Mark Elias - and Yahoo! then Mother Jones bit.

The FISA judge who was lied to should haul in all these reprobates and throw them in jail for contempt of court, perjury and whatever other charges he/she can.

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 11:09:50 pm »
Oh, really?  McCabe "didn't" testify to that?

STEWART: That may not have been his exact phrase, but I assure you I was there, I was part of the questioning, I promise you that the intent of his answers was that we would not have gone forward were it not for this dossier.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/02/04/reps-stewart-and-swalwell-debate-significance-nunes-memo.html

Get outta here.

When he says that was not his exact phrase, but it was his intent, they are two totally different things and does not hold up. 

It would be like you saying, "If you say that to me again, someone is going to die."  Does that mean I can say you were going to have someone murdered? After all, it's what you meant, right?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:46 pm »

When he says that was not his exact phrase, but it was his intent, they are two totally different things and does not hold up. 

It would be like you saying, "If you say that to me again, someone is going to die."  Does that mean I can say you were going to have someone murdered? After all, it's what you meant, right?

I don't expect my local politician to be a human tape recorder.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:54 am »
I don't expect my local politician to be a human tape recorder.

You don’t have to.  The documents were available to Gowdy.  He made his notes and could have notated what was said.  He very well may have.  Instead, they characterized it by what they say McCabe meant.  We criticize judges all the time for their judicial divination vs following constitutional language.  There should be no difference in something this important.

Watch the Nunes interview with Baier.  He almost says the same thing as Stewart and goes through an explanation of how the quotes are damning, but the process for release that documentation is very different and more complex.  That’s convenient.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:03:54 am by edpc »