Author Topic: Elon Musk May Be In Trouble For Selling $10M Worth Of Flamethrowers  (Read 956 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Feb. 3, 2018

In case you missed this story (which isn’t exactly “political” in nature), billionaire inventor and SpaceX founder Elon Musk was selling some hats online. He made a joke on Twitter at one point saying that if they managed to sell fifty thousand of them he would have one of his other corporations, the Boring Company, sell 20,000 flamethrowers which they had recently developed. As you might have guessed, the hats sold out and, good to his word, Musk offered up the flamethrowers for $500 each, even though they apparently weren’t actually in production yet, so you’d have to pre-order them and wait.

I just want to go on record AS A SCIENTIST:#Flamethrowers are not an effective #zombie defense. They're still going to be attacking, but now they're also on fire. Your situation has not improved. pic.twitter.com/hH5JmpnyNN

— c0nc0rdance (@c0nc0rdance) January 28, 2018

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/03/elon-musk-may-trouble-selling-10m-worth-flamethrowers/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Elon Musk May Be In Trouble For Selling $10M Worth Of Flamethrowers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:27:58 pm »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:44:11 pm »
A two foot flame is not a flame thrower. I can do better than with a can WD40 and a lighter. A can of ether is even better...

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 12:10:10 am »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Kinda like wanting to mount rocket launchers on your car.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:15:42 am »

Kinda like wanting to mount rocket launchers on your car.

Or make a JATO Rocket Car
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 12:39:45 am »
What bullshit.  I saw the ad, and there was no way I'd plunk down 500 bucks on a friggin' flame-blower.  I want a flame thrower.  Something I can use to set fire to something 20-50 feet away.  These things were just glorified propane torches.  I can buy one at True Value for less than a hundred bucks.  9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline anubias

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 12:42:36 am »
A two foot flame is not a flame thrower. I can do better than with a can WD40 and a lighter. A can of ether is even better...

Waiting for the fart and lighter jokes from @Wingnut

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: