Author Topic: GOP eyes rules changes to presidential nominating process  (Read 328 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP eyes rules changes to presidential nominating process
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:05:16 pm »
GOP eyes rules changes to presidential nominating process
by David M. Drucker | Feb 3, 2018, 12:01 AM

The Republican National Committee in the coming months will debate changes to the presidential nominating process, possibly leading to friction between President Trump’s loyalists and party institutionalists.

Trump, through emissaries at the RNC, could seek rule changes constricting the path of potential GOP primary challengers in 2020. It wouldn’t be the first time a Republican president, or nominee, attempted to alter the nominating regulations with an eye toward defrocking future competition.

As in the past, such a move would likely meet some resistance from RNC members protective of the party’s legacy and integrity as a democratic organization run by its members, as opposed to the personal political fiefdom of a single Republican — even if that leader is the president.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-eyes-rules-changes-to-presidential-nominating-process/article/2647992
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP eyes rules changes to presidential nominating process
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:36:44 pm »
They already did that at their last convention. It's the reason I am no longer a member of the party.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien