Author Topic: Democrats just can't figure out how to rebrand  (Read 246 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats just can't figure out how to rebrand
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:06:47 pm »
Democrats just can't figure out how to rebrand
by Emily Jashinsky | Feb 3, 2018, 12:01 AM

It seemed after President Trump secured an upset victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016, there was a measure of agreement that his win was wake-up call for Democrats. But as the party gradually configures its strategy in the era of Trump, that lesson appears to have been lost.

Maybe "lost" isn't the right word.

Take the State of the Union response Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Mass., delivered on Tuesday. As the Washington Examiner's Timothy P. Carney pointed out, Kennedy's choice to give the rebuttal in Fall River, Massachusetts, was a nod to the voters Democrats are working to recapture. "A lot of the white people in Fall River are the working-class folks who voted Obama and then Trump," Carney noted. Kennedy was staged in front of an old car with its hood up, in what appeared to be the gymnasium of a technical high school. The picture, at least, was perfect.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-just-cant-figure-out-how-to-rebrand/article/2648011
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Democrats just can't figure out how to rebrand
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 02:05:42 am »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LMAO

Re: Democrats just can't figure out how to rebrand
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 02:32:56 am »
From the article;

"But it's remarkable to watch Democrats cling to their failed approaches so insistently"

Not just their approach but to many of their policies

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy