Author Topic: Trey Gowdy is retiring because he thinks he was a 'lousy politician'  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trey Gowdy is retiring because he thinks he was a 'lousy politician'
by Kyle Feldscher | Feb 4, 2018, 12:04 PM

Rep. Trey Gowdy said he’s going to leave Congress at the end of his term because he feels like he’s been a “lousy politician” because he doesn’t see political life about winning and losing.

“I enjoy the justice system, I enjoy being fair. I enjoy the pursuit of fairness as a virtue. And I'm just more comfortable in that system,” he said on CBS’ “Face The Nation.”

“My wife hates it when I say this, but I was a pretty good prosecutor, I think. I've been a pretty lousy politician. I've done it for seven years, I'm really grateful for the opportunity to do it.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-is-retiring-because-he-thinks-he-was-a-lousy-politician/article/2648062
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trey Gowdy is retiring because he thinks he was a 'lousy politician'
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:31:52 am »
Trey Gowdy is retiring because he thinks he was a 'lousy politician'

Being a lousy politician is a huge plus in my book.  He can be my Rep any time.  I hate politicians.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:40:33 am »
Being a lousy politician is a huge plus in my book.  He can be my Rep any time.  I hate politicians.

Yeah.  That's probably why it's so hard to get any decent person to run for elective office.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:52:25 am »
   Trey Gowdy is a wash to me, like Darryl Issa before him it was more political expediency to bow down before the Master than to rear up and bite when the opportunity arose.
   They both will be missed in their unexpected retirement from politics but I would think we can all agree that when push came to shove, they BOTH disappointed US. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 01:53:25 am »

Fairness on the battlefield is no virtue.

I like Trey more now than ever. He honestly is not cut out for a knife fight, he knows and admits such, I respect that.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass