Author Topic: Nunes memo raises question: Did FBI violate Woods Procedures?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nunes memo raises question: Did FBI violate Woods Procedures?
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:14:39 pm »
The Hill, Feb 4, 2018, Sharyl Attkisson

<snip>

Woods Procedures were named for Michael Woods, the FBI official who drafted the rules as head of the Office of General Counsel’s National Security Law Unit. They were instituted in April 2001 to “ensure accuracy with regard to … the facts supporting probable cause” after recurring instances, presumably inadvertent, in which the FBI had presented inaccurate information to the FISA court. 

Prior to Woods Procedures, “incorrect information was repeated in subsequent and related FISA packages,” the FBI told Congress in August 2003. “By signing and swearing to the declaration, the headquarters agent is attesting to knowledge of what is contained in the declaration.”

It’s incredible to think of how many FBI and Justice Department officials would have touched the multiple applications to wiretap Trump campaign adviser Carter Page — allegedly granted, at least in part, on the basis of unverified and thus prohibited information — if normal procedures were followed.

The FBI’s complex, multi-layered review is designed for the very purpose of preventing unverified information from ever reaching the court. It starts with the FBI field offices.

Read more: http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/372233-nunes-memo-raises-question-did-fbi-violate-woods-procedures

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Nunes memo raises question: Did FBI violate Woods Procedures?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:52 pm »
Peter Strzok and Lisa Page violated Tiger Woods procedures.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:17:09 pm »
A little more ...

In the past, when the FBI has presented inaccuracies to the FISA court, it’s been viewed so seriously that it’s drawn the attention of the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility, which investigates Justice Department attorneys accused of misconduct or crimes in their professional functions.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:18:25 pm »
Peter Strzok and Lisa Page violated Tiger Woods procedures.

:silly:

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:25:26 pm »
Ahhh... the two most dedicated NT's jumped in to divert attention from this article.

But this article is deadly serious and asks the questions that may point to an avenue for legal action against those mentioned in the FISA memo.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 08:27:39 pm »
Ahhh... the two most dedicated NT's jumped in to divert attention from this article.

But this article is deadly serious and asks the questions that may point to an avenue for legal action against those mentioned in the FISA memo.

There you go again.  Again. 

So why haven’t complaints been filed?  Why is Trump being so singularly passive?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 08:31:55 pm »

Ahhhh......the lead polisher has zero sense of humor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 10:07:00 pm »
The Hill, Feb 4, 2018, Sharyl Attkisson

<snip>

Woods Procedures were named for Michael Woods, the FBI official who drafted the rules as head of the Office of General Counsel’s National Security Law Unit.

Oh, heck!  When I read the headline, I assumed the Procedures were named after Rose Mary Woods.  (No, really.) :thud:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:22:37 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Of course they did!  As well as every other rule in the book because they were sure Hillary would be there to cover their asses!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 06:25:21 am »
Exceptional Work by Sharyl Attkisson – Did FBI Violate Woods Procedures?…
Conservative Treehouse, Feb 4, 2018, sundance

The biggest of all BIGGER story aspects to the HPSCI Memo, in all coverage, has been overlooked by all Main Stream Media.  The Department of Justice FBI FISA request was for “Title I” surveillance authority.  This is not some innocuous request for metadata exploration – the FBI said American citizen Carter Page was a “foreign agent of a hostile foreign government”; the FBI was calling Carter Page a spy.

“Title I” FISA surveillance of U.S. citizens is the most intrusive, exhaustive and far reaching type of search, seizure and surveillance authority, permitting the FBI to look at every scintilla of Mr. Page’s life.  All communication, travel and contact can be opened and reviewed.  All aspects of any of Mr. Page’s engagements are subject to being secretly monitored.   This is an entirely different level of surveillance authority, the highest possible, and has nothing to do with FISA-702 search queries (Title VII) of U.S. persons.

More:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/04/exceptional-work-by-sharyl-attkisson-did-fbi-violate-woods-procedures/

Offline anubias

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:56:06 am »
Thank you for posting this @Right_in_Virginia   This is very important!