Author Topic: A year after Obama, Dems still looking for replacement  (Read 796 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A year after Obama, Dems still looking for replacement
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:25 pm »
A year after Obama, Dems still looking for replacement
By Amie Parnes - 02/02/18 05:59 AM EST

More than a year after former President Obama left the White House, the Democratic party is still trying to fill the void and find a leader who can take on President Trump.

“There's a definite yearning for 'Who's my next great love?’” Democratic strategist Patti Solis Doyle said in describing her party. “And the problem is we're not really loving anyone we see. So we're looking for someone we're not expecting.”

When Oprah Winfrey delivered a powerful speech at the Golden Globes last month, she provided a jolt of excitement to a party still reeling from a stunning 2016 election defeat. And some Democrats fell in love with the idea that the television personality could become their next standard bearer.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371887-a-year-after-obama-dems-still-looking-for-replacement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: A year after Obama, Dems still looking for replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:32:31 pm »
The have a weak bench.    So weak they trotted out a Dead Kennedy's kid in hopes of a return to Camelot.  All they got was  Dennis the Peasant.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:04 pm »
The have a weak bench.    So weak they trotted out a Dead Kennedy's kid in hopes of a return to Camelot.  All they got was  Dennis the Peasant.

Wow. You mean to tell me that Kennedy's lame and poorly delivered speech that he gave with drool on his face isn't going to cut it even with the DEMS?    :shrug:   Such a shame!   :silly: :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:21:38 pm »
Wow. You mean to tell me that Kennedy's lame and poorly delivered speech that he gave with drool on his face isn't going to cut it even with the DEMS?    :shrug:   Such a shame!   :silly: :silly:

Yep.  Apparently Camelot ain't working anymore.  And now Michelle is putting her toe in the water.  Hope she runs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »

Finding someone “clean” is going to be a tough job for them.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 12:38:12 am »

Nothing new about that - look at the 2008 trifecta of lightweights - 0bama, Edwards, and somebody's wife. You'd have to duct tape them all together to come up with half the experience of even a Dennis Kucinich...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 12:40:19 am »
Yep.  Apparently Camelot ain't working anymore.  And now Michelle is putting her toe in the water.  Hope she runs.

With any luck, her hubby Bammy will be in the slammer.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 12:42:50 am »

Perfect.  Let the Rats run that Aunt Easter look alike for Pres.  The jokes will write themselves.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 02:14:32 am »

Wasted away in Obamaville, lookin' for that.. next magic negro.
Some people say that Bush is to blame, but I know...

......it's our own DNC fault.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass