Author Topic: Prof. Jonathan Turley On The Memo: Where Are The Grave Dangers To National Security?  (Read 300 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
John Sexton
Feb. 2, 2018

Professor Jonathan Turley has an interesting take on the Nunes memo over at The Hill. Turley says the contents are “enlightening” in some respects but also concedes the document is a summary of other material and testimony which needs to be viewed in context before coming to any firm conclusions. However, he points out another problem which isn’t getting nearly as much attention. What happened to the dire threats to national security we were told were contained in this memo?

My greatest concern is what is not in the [memo]: classified information “jeopardizing national security.” Leaders like Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declared that the committee had moved beyond “dangerous irresponsibility and disregard for our national security” and “disregarded the warnings of the Justice Department and the FBI.”

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/02/jonathan-turley-happened-dangers-national-security-memo/

Offline endicom

Turley can't be "accused" of being conservative or a Trumper.

Offline DB

The Democrats "national security" threat is exposing/limiting their use of federal agencies to influence presidential elections. All good lefties know that the ends justify the means...

Offline anubias

Turley can't be "accused" of being conservative or a Trumper.

Nope.  I’m shocked this is in “The Hill”. 

Offline skeeter

Everything contained this memo and the democrats' hysterical reaction to it, their sleight of hand charges and non-denials of the details Nunes laid out, clearly indicate that it is 100% factual.

Even a high schooler can understand the threat they pose in a free society if the perpetrators are allowed to get away with them.

Yet the MSM is still playing political games. What will it take.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nope.  I’m shocked this is in “The Hill”.

Perhaps, they'll be the first to find "fair and balanced", now that the curtain has been pulled back.

It's a great opportunity for some in the media to 'find Jesus'.

I believe...okay, HOPE more than 'believe'.... many covered events out of fear/intimidation. 

Think of the birth of #metoo after Harvey was exposed.   

:0001:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald