Author Topic: ‘Never any hesitation’: Trump was quickly persuaded to support memo’s release  (Read 390 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

‘Never any hesitation’: Trump was quickly persuaded to support memo’s release
Washington Post, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:06 PM, Philip Rucker, Ashley Parker and Josh Dawsey

<snip>

Over the next two weeks, according to interviews with eight senior administration officials and other advisers to the president, he tuned in to cable television segments about the memo. He talked to friends and advisers about it. And, before he had even read it, Trump became absolutely convinced of one thing: The memo needed to come out.

Trump’s decision, expected to culminate Friday with the memo’s release, put the president on course for the most explosive confrontation with his own FBI since he fired then-director James B. Comey last spring. It once again placed him in direct defiance of the recommendations of the country’s intelligence community, whose top official tried this week to change Trump’s mind amid concerns that the document’s disclosure would jeopardize national security.

But the president was undeterred.

“There was never any hesitation,” said one presidential adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to recount private talks with Trump. “The president was resolved on this. He was not going to be persuaded [otherwise]. He wanted it out.”

Read more:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/never-any-hesitation-trump-was-quickly-convinced-to-support-memos-release/2018/02/01/b67a0246-076d-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html?utm_term=.63e40daf4f9b

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sekulow captioned the video: “A bombshell memo that reportedly details unthinkable abuses by the #DeepState bureaucracy is sending shockwaves through Capitol Hill. The American people deserve to see it.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/trump-attorney-goes-off-deep-state-fisa-memo-epic-rant-video/

Sekulow terms things as if he has not seen it.  Seems odd that he wouldn’t, given it could provide ammo for his client’s defense in the Mueller probe.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

FNC reporting that the memo "is in the pipeline back to Congress with no redactions".

POTUS has given his blessings, now it's up to Congress to release it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
FNC reporting that the memo "is in the pipeline back to Congress with no redactions".

POTUS has given his blessings, now it's up to Congress to release it.

That doesn't fill me with confidence. Congress has an approval rating of 7% for a reason.
I am not sure the memo will come out today. I'm feeling a "some time next week" coming from D.C.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Be of goode cheer

The release is very near
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
House Intelligence Memo Released: What It Says

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-intel-memo-released-what-it-says/article/2647937
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:05:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Stalled until Friday-afternoon release.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

That doesn't fill me with confidence. Congress has an approval rating of 7% for a reason.
I am not sure the memo will come out today. I'm feeling a "some time next week" coming from D.C.

The memo's been declassified and excerpts are coming out.  Full memo is being uploaded to intelligencehouse.gov

@240B