Author Topic: How Melania Describes the State of Their Union  (Read 215 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Melania Describes the State of Their Union
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:23:10 pm »
How Melania Describes the State of Their Union
Suzanne Fields

Posted: Feb 02, 2018 12:01 AM

The president gives the State of the Union, and the first lady offers her state of their union. A president and a first lady, a husband and a wife, a father and a mother, a man and a woman reflect different kinds of power, purpose and propensity.

Melania Trump puts Frank Sinatra's defiant croon in the present tense: "I'll do it my way." Feminists ought to love her. No one thinks of Trump as an appendage of her man. No one sees her trapped in the role of "wife of," that notorious Washington "title" that once circumscribed the lives of women married to powerful men in the nation's capital.

She's so independent that she won't even take advantage of the easy "gender" appropriation that qualifies any woman, by experience or attainment or not, to sound off as an authority on women's issues. Wearing a pink bleep bow on a blouse is not an authentic feminist statement, nor is her white pantsuit a credential of a suffragette. Her strength lies in her dignified deportment and her thoughtful silence. One cartoonist jokes that her power lies in her gorgeous cheekbones and having the ultimate trophy husband.

The first lady got it right when she was asked by a college student whether she would have married Donald Trump if he weren't rich and powerful. "If I weren't beautiful," she shot back, "do you think he would be with me?"

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/suzannefields/2018/02/02/how-melania-describes-the-state-of-their-union-n2443233?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34