Author Topic: Dem Mayor Admits She Had Expensive Affair With Head Of Security Detail  (Read 408 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Mayor Admits She Had Expensive Affair With Head Of Security Detail

Posted By Henry Rodgers On 7:55 PM 02/01/2018 In | No Comments

Tennessee Democratic Mayor Megan Barry admitted she had an expensive affair with her head of security detail using taxpayer dollars, according to a Wednesday press conference.

Barry, who is married, apologized for having an affair with Metro police Sgt. Robert Forrest Jr. and using nearly $33,000 of the government’s money on their travel expenses over the last 10 months. Barry claims that her trips as mayor of Nashville, Tenn. were for business, including trips to Paris and Athens. However, Barry does not think she improperly misused taxpayer money, NPR reported.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/01/dem-mayor-admits-she-had-expensive-affair-with-head-of-security-detail/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Dem Mayor Admits She Had Expensive Affair With Head Of Security Detail
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »
She apologized for spending money on business related trips?  Do I have that right?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:41:59 pm »
Paris and Athens, unless that was Paris TX and Athen GA then she's got some splainin to do.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 02:41:34 pm »
Megan Barry bucks predecessors' security travel policy, practice questioned amid affair revelations
Dave Boucher,Nate Rau and Anita Wadhwani
The Tennessean
 Published 5:00 a.m. CT Feb. 2, 2018
Mayor Megan Barry's practice of taking security with her on all official trips is coming under scrutiny after she admitted to an affair with the police officer who headed her security detail.

Taking security on far-flung mayoral trips is a departure from the practices of the past two Nashville mayors.    ...

Sgt. Robert Forrest made thousands of dollars in overtime in the two years and three months he served as Barry's lead security officer, in addition to going on at least nine taxpayer-funded trips as the only Metro employee accompanying Barry. Barry said the affair began in Spring 2016 and is over, but would not say when it ended.

Barry, a Democrat, said all of the trips and overtime cover legitimate business purposes.   ...

At the request of Nashville District Attorney General Glenn Funk, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating whether Barry, Forrest or anyone else broke state law by misusing public funds or engaging in official misconduct.
FULL STORY

Related: Can Nashville mayor weather a sex scandal?, from USAToday:
... Within 90 minutes of the story emerging, Tanaka Vercher, the chairwoman of the Metro budget and finance committee, asked the attorney for the Metro Council whether she has the authority to investigate travel expenses incurred by the mayor and Forrest. Forrest was the mayor’s only accompanying aide on at least nine out-of-town trips, including to Greece and France. ...
Seems to me, the reason most U.S. mayors travel out of country is to encourage trade. That she traveled only with her boyfriend - and not an economic development aide, for example - tends to indicate her trips to glamourous European sites were NOT legitimate city business.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 02:48:18 pm »
Paris and Athens are in opposite ends of the state!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 02:53:03 pm »
What about Paris, Pa., and Athens, Ohio? Hmmm.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org