Author Topic: Atlanta Fed Sees GDP Rocketing To 5.4% In First Quarter  (Read 843 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Atlanta Fed Sees GDP Rocketing To 5.4% In First Quarter
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:34:40 am »
breitbart
John Carney1 Feb 2018

[excerpt]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/01/atlanta-fed-sees-gdp-rocketing-5-4-n-first-quarter/

The American economy is on track to grow at a 5.4 percent annualized rate in the first quarter of this year, the Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDPNow forecast model showed on Monday.

The regional Fed’s forecast rose from last week’s 4.2 percent growth following a report on manufacturing that showed more expansion than expected. The forecast of real consumer spending growth rose from 3.1 percent to 4.0 percent, while the forecast of investment growth soared from 5.2 percent to 9.2 percent.

This is an early reading, based on just one-months data. Even the most optimistic economists do not expect the economy to expand at that rate in the first quarter.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LMAO

Re: Atlanta Fed Sees GDP Rocketing To 5.4% In First Quarter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:38:16 am »
It’s a little early to predict where all this will eventually end up but hopefully under Trump’s presidency we can break this long stretch of < 3% yearly GDP

If and when that happens, the Democrats are going to have some explaining to do especially since Barack Obama had plenty of Federal  Reserve help during his presidency and still couldn’t achieve 3% or greater yearly GDP
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:38:57 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:41:30 am »
Even the most optimistic economists do not expect the economy to expand at that rate in the first quarter.

Regardless of what happens, 'experts' always say it was unexpected.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:15 am »
Wonder what would happen if we REALLY pulled out all the stops and allowed our economy to flourish?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 04:32:46 am »
Wonder what would happen if we REALLY pulled out all the stops and allowed our economy to flourish?

Dunno, but I suspect there'd be a regular Ward Bond Wagon Train of ambulances on Capital Hill picking up all those Democrats suffering cardiac arrest from it.

888high58888
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:37:41 am »

It would be too much. Thank God the Govt' is here to save us from such a thing.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 04:41:33 am »
It would be too much. Thank God the Govt' is here to save us from such a thing.

Yeah buddy!   *****rollingeyes*****
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:02 am »
Yeah buddy!   *****rollingeyes*****

What are you going to do with all that economic freedom anyway? You'll squander it on getting a new set of snow tires or getting extra toppings on your pizza next time you order one. Better to let the govt' decide how to spend all that money. There are lots of experts in DC that know what's best for all of us.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 05:01:32 am »
This is an early reading, based on just one-months data. Even the most optimistic economists do not expect the economy to expand at that rate in the first quarter.

but that won't stop Trumpbart from breathlessly proclaiming it a done deal in the headline.

oh crap, I forgot I'm only supposed to ridicule the irresponsible Main Stream Media.

my bad.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 05:06:23 am »
but that won't stop Trumpbart from breathlessly proclaiming it a done deal in the headline.

oh crap, I forgot I'm only supposed to ridicule the irresponsible Main Stream Media.

my bad.

This from the guy who finds Time magazine respectable.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 06:43:27 am »
This from the guy who finds Time magazine respectable.

Frank, my friend, you must not know anything about the Time cover I use as an avatar, or else you would understand it is an object of ridicule, and scorn.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-fake-time-magazine-cover-hanging-clubs-2017-6

Thank God you're funny.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:44:27 am by Once-Ler »