Author Topic: RNC Just Blew Through An All Time Fundraising Record  (Read 698 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
RNC Just Blew Through An All Time Fundraising Record
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:44:31 am »
townhall
Katie Pavlich
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 4:15 PM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/01/31/rnc-just-blew-through-an-alltime-fundraising-record-n2442514

The Republican National Committee announced new fundraising numbers for January Monday afternoon, setting an all-time off-year record for either political party. The news comes less than 24 hours after President Trump's first State of the Union address, which received 75 percent approval from voters who watched.

"Our strong fundraising numbers reflect voters’ optimism and continued support as President Trump fulfills his promises to the American people, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said Wednesday. "In his first year, President Trump delivered a historic tax cut to the middle-class, slashed regulations, and grew our economy. We look forward to electing more Republican leaders to Congress who will support President Trump's winning agenda on behalf of the American people."

The details:

NC Fundraising Fast Facts:
    Receipts for December 2017: $11.1 million
    Receipts for 2017: $132.5 million
    Total cash on hand: $38.8 million
    Debt: $0

The RNC continues to hammer the DNC, which is in disarray in terms of funding and personnel.

RNC vs DNC in 2017:
    RNC more than doubled the DNC: $132.5M vs. $65.9M
    RNC has six times more cash on hand than the DNC
    RNC has $38.8M net cash, DNC has $423K
    RNC has $0 debt, DNC has $6.1M

In fact, things are so bad the DNC is on the verge of insolvency.

:laughingdog:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: RNC Just Blew Through An All Time Fundraising Record
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 12:47:14 am »
Excellent news!!! 

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 12:47:18 am »
But according to all those other media polls, the Pubbies are in deep trouble, all traceable to that Trump guy in the White House.

Let me say this Again.

:laughingdog:

Without the Money, the Rats aren't even getting out of the gate this year.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 12:54:14 am »
Excellent news!!!

Not as good as you think.  A lot of that money will be coming from the Koch brothers and they'll have conditions......

The Koch amenability to open borders and amnesty is nothing new. For example, in 2013, the pair sponsored a Buzzfeed “Immigration Summit” featuring the likes of admitted illegal alien Jose Antonia Vargas and a half dozen other open borders fundamentalists with only the most token immigration restrictionist opposition. In 2016, Charles Koch compared then-candidate Donald Trump’s immigration proposals to “Nazi Germany.” Even left-wing presidential candidate phenomenon Bernie Sanders came to refer to open borders as “a Koch brothers proposal” during his campaign for the Democratic nomination.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/07/koch-brothers-line-up-with-daca-illegals-to-pressure-republican-congress-to-pass-amnesty/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 01:16:42 am »

Not as good as you think.  A lot of that money will be coming from the Koch brothers and they'll have conditions......

Eh, who cares. They haven't kicked in on this last haul and the GOP made a ton. The Koch's could go fund the Rats for all I care and still not be able to touch these GOP numbers.

BTW you had to reach into the Wayback Machine for that article. Where are these two idiots now that this issue is front and center?

Phillips added that the network of groups associated with Charles and David Koch plan to spend approximately $400 million on the 2018 election cycle in an effort to save Republican Congressional majorities.

Oh. They are spending money anyway and I haven't seen any "provisos" attached.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 01:34:32 am »
Eh, who cares. They haven't kicked in on this last haul and the GOP made a ton. The Koch's could go fund the Rats for all I care and still not be able to touch these GOP numbers.

BTW you had to reach into the Wayback Machine for that article. Where are these two idiots now that this issue is front and center?

Phillips added that the network of groups associated with Charles and David Koch plan to spend approximately $400 million on the 2018 election cycle in an effort to save Republican Congressional majorities.

Oh. They are spending money anyway and I haven't seen any "provisos" attached.

I don't happen to think 2016 is 'way back,' but here's one a little more current - a
January 27th.  Seems like they do have some 'requests.'

"Immigrants are essential to the success of our country and addressing the plight of the dreamers is a top priority for this network," Brian Hooks, a senior official with the Koch organization, said in a statement. "We are committed to working with Congress and the White House to find a solution that does this without arbitrarily reducing the number of people who come here to contribute."

A statement from the group -- the most influential conservative organization outside the Republican Party -- was issued as hundreds of donors and potential donors gathered for a weekend summit at a desert resort near Palm Springs, California.

A reduction in immigration runs counter to the views of the group’s top benefactors, billionaires Charles and David Koch. Charles Koch in December wrote an opinion piece with Apple Inc. Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook that said it was a "political, economic and moral imperative" to quickly help the young immigrants with a permanent solution so they can "plan their lives and develop their talents.”

Keeping the Kochs and their donors happy is important for the GOP in an election year. The network pledged to spend $300 million to $400 million on policy and political campaigns in 2017 and 2018, up from the roughly $250 million during the 2015-2016 campaign season. The money will be spread across groups that have a presence in more than 30 states and a voter-turnout operation that rivals the Republican Party’s.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-27/koch-network-warns-trump-against-arbitrary-immigration-cuts
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:35:04 am by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 01:56:10 am »

The Koch amenability to open borders and amnesty is nothing new. For example, in 2013, the pair sponsored a Buzzfeed “Immigration Summit” featuring the likes of admitted illegal alien Jose Antonia Vargas and a half dozen other open borders fundamentalists with only the most token immigration restrictionist opposition. In 2016, Charles Koch compared then-candidate Donald Trump’s immigration proposals to “Nazi Germany.” Even left-wing presidential candidate phenomenon Bernie Sanders came to refer to open borders as “a Koch brothers proposal” during his campaign for the Democratic nomination.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/07/koch-brothers-line-up-with-daca-illegals-to-pressure-republican-congress-to-pass-amnesty/

Unless there are written conditions attached to that money, we can use it as we need to.

The only possible threat they could make is not to give as much next time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 02:12:19 am »
Unless there are written conditions attached to that money, we can use it as we need to.

Oh Goodness! That, would be a 1st!

Politicians not keeping their Sacred Word and Bond to people who helped them get Elected, on a wink and a nod?

Whatever is this world coming to?

888high58888

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 02:24:16 am »
Really interesting how Dem politicians are all Soros puppets enacting his agenda, but somehow, Republicans are these clever tricksters that somehow continually fleece big money donors like the Kochs without consequence.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 03:05:43 am »

A big theme of this announcement was how happy they were that Trump was signalling legal status for Dreamers, etc.:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,301325.msg1586974.html#msg1586974

Also Saturday, the Koch network, whose policies are clearly conservative but lean libertarian, lauded Trump for the framework he introduced to provide legal status to the "Dreamers," illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as young children by their parents through no fault of their own.

“Immigrants are essential to the success of our country and addressing the plight of the dreamers is a top priority for this Network. We are committed to working with Congress and the White House to find a solution that does this without arbitrarily reducing the number of people who come here to contribute,” Brian Hooks, co-chairman of Koch's Seminar Network, said in a statement.

The Koch group was pleased to see Trump put legalization on the table for the full population of Dreamers. But it is concerned about the parts of the president's framework that propose reducing legal immigration significantly and possibly abolish "chain migration," also known as "family reunification."

“We applaud the president for taking this important step towards a bipartisan compromise that delivers enhanced security for our nation and permanent legal status for 1.8 million Dreamers, ensuring they have the legal certainty to plan their lives and increase their contributions to America," Daniel Garza, president of the Koch group, The LIBRE Initiative, said in a statement.

"That said, we cannot support arbitrary cuts to future legal immigration levels. We welcome a debate about whether our current legal immigration policy properly balances family and skills-based migration. But that broad debate should not distract from the immediate goal of providing certainty to Dreamers and enhancing security," Garza added.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 05:58:50 am »

Oh Goodness! That, would be a 1st!

Politicians not keeping their Sacred Word and Bond to people who helped them get Elected, on a wink and a nod?

Whatever is this world coming to?

888high58888

I guess you were trying to be funny.  It needs work.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:37 am »
I guess you were trying to be funny.  It needs work.

Well, you know, somedays all the wet blanket here just backs up in me.

When no matter What I post some A'hole has to turn Every Cloud inside out to find the thunderstorm in it.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:13:58 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 06:40:19 am »
Well, you know, somedays all the wet blanket here just backs up in me.

When no matter What I post some A'hole has to turn Every Cloud inside out to find the thunderstorm in it.

I understand.  That's why I have Invar on ignore.  He's so dam depressing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 06:53:29 am »

It is proper netiquette to ping me when you are mentioning me in a post.