Author Topic: K is for ‘Kink’: Some gay-rights activists push to add letter to expanding LGBTQ acronym  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

K is for ‘Kink’: Some gay-rights activists push to add letter to expanding LGBTQ acronym
One prominent British gay journal calls for official acronym to be LGBTQQICAPF2K+
Washington Times, Feb 1, 2018, Bradford Richardson

The official acronym is now LGBTQQICAPF2K+ according to the magazine The Gay UK.   That stands for “Lesbian,” “Gay,” “Bisexual,” “Transgender,” “Queer,” “Questioning,” “Intersex,” “Curious,” “Asexual,” “Agender,” “Ally,” “Pansexual,” “Polysexual,” “Friends and family,” “Two-spirit” and “Kink.”

The Gay UK said the acronym has been growing since the 90s “out of a need to move away from the limiting ‘gay community’” and to “encompass any community that defines itself as anything but heterosexual or cisgender.”

But other members of the community aren’t on board with “kink.” Claire Heuchan, a self-described black radical feminist who blogs under the name Sister Outrider, said people with kinks can’t be in the club because they don’t face “any structural or systemic discrimination as a result of those proclivities.”

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/1/k-kink-new-letter-added-gay-rights-activists-lgbtq/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm a little afraid to google what half these terms mean.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:17:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

K is for ‘Kink’: Some gay-rights activists push to add letter to expanding LGBTQ acronym

Awesome! I'll finally have a special interest group to belong to.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Polysexual

Does this involve parrots and crackers?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.  But I'll watch.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Offline anubias

One prominent British gay journal calls for official acronym to be LGBTQQICAPF2K+
Washington Times, Feb 1, 2018, Bradford Richardson

The official acronym is now LGBTQQICAPF2K+ according to the magazine The Gay UK.   That stands for “Lesbian,” “Gay,” “Bisexual,” “Transgender,” “Queer,” “Questioning,” “Intersex,” “Curious,” “Asexual,” “Agender,” “Ally,” “Pansexual,” “Polysexual,” “Friends and family,” “Two-spirit” and “Kink.”

The Gay UK said the acronym has been growing since the 90s “out of a need to move away from the limiting ‘gay community’” and to “encompass any community that defines itself as anything but heterosexual or cisgender.”

But other members of the community aren’t on board with “kink.” Claire Heuchan, a self-described black radical feminist who blogs under the name Sister Outrider, said people with kinks can’t be in the club because they don’t face “any structural or systemic discrimination as a result of those proclivities.”

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/1/k-kink-new-letter-added-gay-rights-activists-lgbtq/

I think that “K” casts too wide of a net to belong to that group.  There are few people that don’t have a kink or two.  Unless they are brain dead of course.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why not just say what letters they don't want to use at this point?

Offline edpc

At least one person I know isn't wound up and PC about this alphabet madness.  A lesbian acquaintance was talking about purchasing either a QLED or 4KHD TV.  I asked if that made her 'buy curious' and she thought it was funny.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
What the hell is "intersex?" Wait, I don't want to know.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Okay, I looked it up. It means characteristics of both sexes- I guess the word hermaphrodite is too hard to spell.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Why stop at leather?  There's always crushed velour,  or even itchy corduroy.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

Okay, I looked it up. It means characteristics of both sexes- I guess the word hermaphrodite is too hard to spell.

Yes and they're feverishly trying to ban the bigoted, hateful phrase 'go f yourself.'

Offline The_Reader_David

How about LGBTQQWERTY, with QWERTY standing for people who are sexually attracted to computer keyboards or typewriters?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why not just say what letters they don't want to use at this point?

Except for "A," the vowels seem to be getting a pass....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I propose our own letter for TBR...

The letter "J" for Jazz.

Category by itself.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:40:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

The letter "J" for Jazzhead.

Category by itself.

I thought that was the letter G?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Those are people who are actually biologically neither male nor female (Kleinfelter syndrome, for example, where a person has three sex chromosomes, XXY). Either through DNA or documented hormonal disorders, they are the rare examples of people who don't conform to the male/female dichotomy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I will continue to stick to the phrase "alphabet soup lobby."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The letter "J" for Jazz.

Category by itself.

Well,  "J" does stands for Jesus, whose message of compassion is ignored by too damn many Christians. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

Well,  "J" does stands for Jesus, whose message of compassion is ignored by too damn many Christians.

Because he no help with curveball.

Offline roamer_1

I will continue to stick to the phrase "alphabet soup lobby."

Yeah... I'll just stick with the word 'pervert'.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kewl!  Jazz compares himself with Jesus.  Today's lecture is gonna be great!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have been lobbying for years to have a B added to the acronym, for BALD.  Every day I wake up shamed by my baldness, and I suffer terrible humiliation from a society that glorifies hair.  But so far, nothing but crickets from the gay rights community.  They don't want me to play in their reindeer games.

So, how about it, LGBTQ people?  Why can't "bald" be a thing?  It, at least, is proven to be 100 percent genetic.  Where is the evidence that transgender is genetic?  Hmmm?  I demand my color in the rainbow.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I have been lobbying for years to have a B added to the acronym, for BALD.  Every day I wake up shamed by my baldness, and I suffer terrible humiliation from a society that glorifies hair.  But so far, nothing but crickets from the gay rights community.  They don't want me to play in their reindeer games.

So, how about it, LGBTQ people?  Why can't "bald" be a thing?  It, at least, is proven to be 100 percent genetic.  Where is the evidence that transgender is genetic?  Hmmm?  I demand my color in the rainbow.

I think that crowd would spell bald differently.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.