Author Topic: Anyone Watch Law & Order SVU Last Night?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline mirraflake

Anyone Watch Law & Order SVU Last Night?
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:39 pm »
Started out a "Famous" conservative woman was speaking at a skin head rally. She was a spittin image of Ann Coulter-exact appearance including her voice and mannerisms down to a T.

Of course in the crowd you could see Confederate flags, signs with "Deplorables Unite" and MAGA hats.

The Antifa folks ran off the skinheads and the woman was sexually assaulted but she did not know who because she was hit over the head.

Turns out she was accusing the leader of Antifa but the show turned to make you think in reality it was the leader of the "Patriots" a far right white separtist group.

And no wonder why people hate Hollywood.

I'm surprised Ann Coulter has not said anything today.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:39:45 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Anyone Watch Law & Order SVU Last Night?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:43:07 pm »
That garbage show is still on? It was the worst of the Law and Order spin offs. It is also no surprise that they are still ripping headlines from the Daily Kos. Dick Wolf said he wanted to do Law and Order again so he could indict the Trump administration when he took office. He is a shitbag.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:47:58 pm »
Lol, nobody under the age of 50 watches these shit shows.

I only watch netflix, Amazon video... and some guilty pleasures on TLC.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »
That garbage show is still on? It was the worst of the Law and Order spin offs. It is also no surprise that they are still ripping headlines from the Daily Kos. Dick Wolf said he wanted to do Law and Order again so he could indict the Trump administration when he took office. He is a shitbag.

Spot on.  Let me add my disdain for Little dick Wolf.  Just another Scum sucking unctuous little Hollywood pr(i)ck pushing his liberal agenda.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:55:33 pm »
If what you say is true, Coulter may have a lawsuit. We shall see.

But yeah, Hollywood is preaching to the choir. Hollywood and the Press have become a political entity. And the people who watch this stuff and buy movie tickets are essentially contributors to the Hollywood political Party.

Fortunately, Hollywood and the New Media are not 'changing minds'. They are simply reinforcing their own political base.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:01:30 pm »
Been seven years since I’ve had cable or satellite, not that I ever watched those left wing shows when I had the opportunity to.

It’s been great not having the constant drone of television in the background, especially that infernal HGTV. Of course, I had to give up the wife in order to get rid of the HGTV. The trade off was well worth it, though.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:32:20 pm »
It's depressing liberal spew, and has been in all it's iterations. I get enough of that in the real world without it being foisted on me as entertainment, I watch almost zero current TV programming.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:35 pm »
It's depressing liberal spew, and has been in all it's iterations. I get enough of that in the real world without it being foisted on me as entertainment, I watch almost zero current TV programming.

:thumbsup:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 10:40:56 pm »
Lol, nobody under the age of 50 watches these shit shows.

I only watch netflix, Amazon video... and some guilty pleasures on TLC.

This old lady loved L&O Criminal Intent and still watches the series on Amazon Prime.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 10:44:58 pm »
When they stay away from politics (they used to most of the time) it's a compelling show.

I realize I'm in a minority (of one?) here, but the plots are good and the acting excellent........ especially guest stars.

They've run out of steam, however, and most likely should have stopped after they hit double digit seasons.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 10:47:38 pm »
@240B

Not sure Coulter would have grounds to sue.  Wolf's shows were regularly based on actual events -- ripped from the headlines stuff -  but with enough of a spin to be far enough from real events or people. And I believe each show has a disclaimer that the episode in no way purports to represent a real person or event. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 11:04:17 pm »
I remember some show and it was obvious, that the guy was suppose to be like Hugh Hefner,  the mannerisms and instead of bunnies, they had the "kit-kats" or something.  L & O took from the headlines. Hefner is hardly some pillar of conservatism.  They have quite a few shows where they take from "today's headlines".  There's no bad publicity as they say.  Folks around wanted that Fred Thompson to run for Prez,  I know this is SVU but it's in the family of the L & O shows. Some of those shows are good, others make you wonder, why did I spend an hour on this?

It must have been one of the Criminal Intents with the Hefner-like character:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629571/ 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:07:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 11:30:49 pm »
If I had to never watch any of the law and order shows, it would be SVU, it's too dramatic and sometimes, SVU and CI get too raunchy.  Olivia (Hargitay) got raped, I thought this was just too far out.

That said, I see this episode has made the news today, at least, Newsbusters:
‘Law & Order: SVU’ Depicts Brutal Rape of Female Conservative Commentator
By Lindsay Kornick | February 1, 2018 5:30 AM EST

NBC’s Law and Order: SVU has always been a reliable series to find liberal bias, whether it includes painting Christians as rape apologists or gender fluidity as “cool.” But I think we were overdue for an episode that gives us a real, honest glimpse of what the show thinks of the right. Look no further than this week's episode title “Info Wars.”

The January 31 episode follows the sexual assault case of a fictional right-wing political pundit named Martha Cobb (Rhea Seehorn) at a rally on a college campus. Right off the bat, Martha is introduced giving a speech and mocking her protestors like a knockoff Ann Coulter, because I’m pretty sure that’s the only breed of conservative woman that exists to NBC.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2018/02/01/law-order-svu-rape-female-conservative-commentator-info-wars

I will have to read up on this:

‘Law & Order’ Caterers Leave Coffee Urn Near Manhattan Courthouse, Cause Scare

February 1, 2018 at 3:38 pm
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/01/law-and-order-svu-suspicious-package/

About every show they make could be complained about, blacks do crimes? Could you ever see a show that put Muslims in a bad light? Yes, they had an honor killing show. MS13 styled gangs for Hispanics? Italian, Russian crime?  Anti-abortion or pro-life protesters?  They've done that theme a few times.  Let alone, shows with gays, who seem to be showbiz's biggest sacred cows.

I'd have to see the show to be able to judge it better. Now, the Coulter-like woman gets sexually assaulted? That seems a bit far to go.

Just for the record, in 2 law and order shows, I've seen where they discuss abortion, one of the members on the L and O side has been pro-life. So, in that, they balanced it out a little.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:36:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 11:36:05 pm »
This old lady loved L&O Criminal Intent and still watches the series on Amazon Prime.

That was a good show. I didn't know it was streaming.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 11:41:25 pm »

I honestly thought the loss of D'Onofrio would doom the show. How can you possibly replace such an oddly complicated and forceful character?

I have to give Goldblum credit - He actually did alright.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 11:49:14 pm »
There was an episode back when Fred Thompson was on where someone tried to assinate a news lady that was clearly based on Ann Coulter, in a college setting.

Can't recall if Lenny Briscoe was in it or he was gone.... I missed him.

Season 17, episode 13, "Legal Points"

I just checked. It's from 2007, and by this time Jerry Orbach is RIP.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:53:09 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 11:55:38 pm »
Oh, not a fan of SVU, but loved CI, and the original. I still watch those two shows.

I wish CI had gone on longer than 10 years I really liked it

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:08 pm »
There was an episode back when Fred Thompson was on where someone tried to assinate a news lady that was clearly based on Ann Coulter, in a college setting.

The Briscoe and Logan episodes are the only ones worth watching. Benjamin Bratt sucked. In a pinch I'll watch an episode with Elisabeth Röhm because she is just smokin' hot.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:09 pm »

Yes, I remember that one.

Also, law and order has had shows with religions involved, not just Islam, sometimes, the religion has nothing to do with the plot, it's just the way they set up their decoys before getting to the main culprit; but I know, they've had Christian preachers on there etc.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 12:09:39 am »
@Frank Cannon

My dad thought Jill Hennessy (4-6) was really pretty.

And most guys I know think Angie Harmon is beautiful

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 12:16:56 am »
@Frank Cannon

My dad thought Jill Hennessy (4-6) was really pretty.

And most guys I know think Angie Harmon is beautiful

They were hot, but not Serena Southerlyn hot. The lamest ADA was Carey Lowell. Bleh.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 12:24:06 am »
I remember some show and it was obvious, that the guy was suppose to be like Hugh Hefner,  the mannerisms and instead of bunnies, they had the "kit-kats" or something.  L & O took from the headlines. Hefner is hardly some pillar of conservatism.  They have quite a few shows where they take from "today's headlines".  There's no bad publicity as they say.  Folks around wanted that Fred Thompson to run for Prez,  I know this is SVU but it's in the family of the L & O shows. Some of those shows are good, others make you wonder, why did I spend an hour on this?

It must have been one of the Criminal Intents with the Hefner-like character:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629571/

Peter Bogdanovich played the Hugh Heffner type character in 2 episodes of Criminal Intent.  One of those episodes involved a character reminiscent of Anna Nicole Smith.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 12:27:22 am »
That was a good show. I didn't know it was streaming.

Amazon doesn't have every season.  Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are not available for some reason.  Amazon does have 1, 5-10.

Offline anubias

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 12:45:38 am »
Of course, I had to give up the wife in order to get rid of the HGTV. The trade off was well worth it, though.

That’s hilarious!

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 12:52:09 am »
I don't watch SVU but Blacklist was on right before and I was too lazy to pick up the remote and turn the channel.

When I heard "Ann"speaking it picqed my interest.

One thing though that actress had Coulters voice and mannerism  so refined it would be hard to tell the two apart.